- Reason 1: TDS Mismatch TDS Credit claimed in the Income-tax Return has not been considered by the Income-tax Department. There are various possibilities for this query: Viz.
- You might have quoted wrong PAN number to your employer
- Correct PAN number was given to your employer in the mid of the year, which was not updated by your employer in their TDS return that they filed with the Income-tax Department via NSDL.
- Your employer did not quote the TDS details like Bank Code, like Bank Code, Challan Number etc. properly in their TDS return.
- TDS Mismatch
- Check the Tax Credit claimed in the Income-tax Return and Credit actually allowed by the Income-tax Department. If you want to cross check your Tax Credit then make an application with TIN Facilitation Centre (TIN FC) for Form No. 26AS (your tax credit statement issued by Government via NSDL). List of TINFC is available on http://tin.nsdl.com. Cross Check TDS details considered by you and that mentioned in the Intimation letter received by the Income-tax Department.
- Take photocopy of all the TDS Certificate on which you have relied and submit the copy of the same along with a covering letter (enclosed) to the concerned Income-tax Assessing Officer.
- Compare your ITR – V and Demand Notice and find the head of Income in which there is a difference
- Make a Rectification Application by writing a letter to the concerned Income-tax officer who has raised the demand requesting him to correct the mistake (Sample Letter enclosed). Do remember to give all relevant documents viz. Form 16, ITR-V, Bank statements etc for the corresponding year.
|No Hidden charges,Flat monthly fee,Zero account opening charges|