The Department of Telecommunications (DoT) is planning to use Unique Identification (UID) numbers, which will be issued by the government, as an identity and address proof for issuing a new mobile or landline connection. “The strength of the UID system will be utilised for telecom growth. As a first step, UID will be used as proof of identity and address,” a senior ministry official told Business Standard. The government plans to issue UID numbers to 600 million people by 2014. The project involves an expenditure of about Rs 3,023 crore, which includes project components for the issue of UID numbers by March 2011, and recurring establishment costs for the entire project phase of five years that end March 2014. UID numbers would help expedite growth in the telecom sector, especially in the rural areas, the official said. It would do away with hurdles while issuing a new mobile or landline connection, as the UID number could also be verified and authenticated online, ultimately reducing the total time of issuing the connection, the DoTofficial added. The UID system will also eliminate duplicate and fake identities. If the system is used in the telecom sector, the subscriber verification would no longer be a problem. The government has already asked telecom operators to follow stringent norms for verification of subscribers, especially prepaid mobile users. The proposal is part of DoT’s road map for the next five years, keeping in mind the growth of the sector.
DOT PLANS TO USE UID NUMBER AS A VERIFICATION DOCUMENT
ADMIN: RAJA BABU
We are a team of energetic Tax professionals & TaxPayers,
having positive approach to provide problem solution & to share our experiences and Knowledge in the field of Income tax ,Service Tax Excise and other Financial Matters
/fa-clock-o/ WEEK TRENDING$type=list$type=list-tab
- KNOW YOUR PAN NAME VERIFY PAN FREE CHECK NAME BY PAN
- TDS RATES CHART FY 2016-17 AY 17-18 TDS DEPOSIT DUE DATES INTEREST PENALTY
- KNOW YOUR AO CODE ,INCOME TAX WARD/CIRCLE PAN NAME WITH PAN NUMBER
- INTEREST SUBSIDY OF 2.4 LAKH ON FIRST HOUSE LOAN -CHECK HOW
- KNOW YOUR PAN AO CODE
- KNOW YOUR PAN,VERIFY PAN,NAME BY PAN,PAN CARD STATUS ONLINE
- REPORT CARD ON OPERATION CLEAN MONEY (CASH TRANSACTION 2016)
- ONLINE PMAY NPV SUBSIDY CALCULATOR FOR HOUSE LOAN
- SERVICE TAX REVERSE CHARGE CHART WEF 01.06.2016
- VERIFY YOUR SERVICE TAX NUMBER EXCISE CODE CHECK STATUS ADDRESS LOCATION
- ► 2016 (424)
- ► 2015 (548)
- ► 2014 (501)
- ► 2013 (414)
- ► 2012 (530)
- ► 2011 (458)
- SERVICE TAX ON LEASING SERVICES IS APPLICABLE : SU...
- Tax payable on import of all software:Delhi ITAT
- INTEREST ON DELAYED GRATUITY PAYMENT PAYABLE, RULE...
- SEBI ALLOWS BOURSES TO EUROPEAN-STYLE OPTIONS TRAD...
- SEBI hikes retail investor limit in IPO to Rs 2 la...
- PRESUMPTIVE TAX SCHEME in Direct Tax Code
- IRDA suspends sale of Universal Life policies
- SINGLE PREMIUM OPTION FOR UNIT-LINKED PENSION PLAN...
- DOT PLANS TO USE UID NUMBER AS A VERIFICATION DOCU...
- MERITS & DEMERITS OF ULPS(universal Life Plans)
- VISA GETS RBI PERMISSION FOR FUND REMITTANCE
- Debt and equity Funds taxation in Direct tax code
- Invest In IDFC infrastructure bonds 80CCF -Save ta...
- Download New etds free return preparation software...
- New Instruction to File etds statement according t...
- Correction in Challan in ETDS return filed earlier...
- Download New FVU version 3 For ETDS return 2010-11...
- ▼ October 2010 (17)
- ► 2009 (127)
- ► 2008 (90)