|Back End Load||The difference between the NAV of the units of a scheme and the price at which they are redeemed. The difference is charged by the fund.|
|Balance Maturity Tenure Of A Scheme||In the case of close-ended schemes, the time remaining until the redemption of the scheme.|
|Balanced Funds||Funds that invest in equity and debt instruments in varying proportions. These funds supplement capital appreciation from equities with a steady return from debt instruments. To a large extent, the returns depend on the performance of the equity portion in the portfolio. There is some flexibility in changing the asset composition between equity and debt and fund managers exploit this to buy the best asset class at each time.|
|Benchmark||A parameter with which some thing can be compared with. For example, the performance of an equity scheme can be benchmarked against the BSE Sensex. In this case, the BSE Sensex will be known as the benchmark index.|
|Beta||It shows the sensitivity of the fund to movements measured against the benchmark. A beta of more than 1 indicates an aggressive fund and the value of the fund is likely to rise or fall more than the benchmark. A beta of less than 1 implies a defensive fund that will rise or fall less than the benchmark. A beta of 1 indicates that the fund and the benchmark will react identically.|
|Bond||A debt instrument issued either by a company, the government or its agencies. It carries a fixed interest and promises return of principal on a specified date.|
|Bonus||Additional units allotted to investors on the basis of their existing holdings. Basically, there is a split of existing units into more than one unit resulting in the reduction of the NAV per unit.|
|BSE Index||An index reflecting the stock prices of 30 companies listed on the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) which is taken to be representative of the stock market movement.|
Labels:meanings of finance terms
ADMIN: RAJA BABU
We are a team of energetic Tax professionals & TaxPayers,
having positive approach to provide problem solution & to share our experiences and Knowledge in the field of Income tax ,Service Tax Excise and other Financial Matters
/fa-clock-o/ WEEK TRENDING$type=list$type=list-tab
- TDS RATES CHART FY 2016-17 AY 17-18 TDS DEPOSIT DUE DATES INTEREST PENALTY
- KNOW YOUR PAN NAME VERIFY PAN FREE CHECK NAME BY PAN
- GOVT FIXED GOLD JEWELLERY HOLDING LIMIT (TRUE OR FALSE)
- No Restriction on deposits in current account
- SERVICE TAX REVERSE CHARGE CHART WEF 01.06.2016
- CASH WITHDRAWAL LIMIT RELAXED WEF 29.11.2016
- Key changes in Revised Model GST Law
- VERIFY YOUR SERVICE TAX NUMBER EXCISE CODE CHECK STATUS ADDRESS LOCATION
- Jewellery found during search and its assessment thereon
- INTEREST ON EPF SHALL BE GIVEN EVEN IF AMOUNT NOT WITHDRAWN WITH IN 36 MONTHS
- ► 2016 (364)
- ► 2015 (550)
- ► 2014 (502)
- ► 2013 (415)
- ► 2012 (532)
- Last call to save your Taxes for fy 2010-11
- Monthly Provident Fund statement from FY13:EPFO
- Issue refunds fast says Finance Ministry to Income...
- House Loan on Joint name optimise your tax breaks!...
- SERVICE TAX ON DUE BASIS RULE NOW APPLICABLE FROM ...
- 958 lakh Pan-341 lakh returns why say CAG report.
- Clarifications changes in Central Excise & Customs...
- Finance Minister’s Reply on the Finance Bill 2011-...
- Finance terms Meaning starts from D
- Finance terms Meaning starts from C
- Finance terms Meaning starts from B
- DA Hike by 6% for employees, pensioners
- FM announces relief for readymade garment sector
- Health service service tax rolled back ,Excise on ...
- GST Constitution Amendment Bill, 2011 introduced i...
- High-value spends/transaction must be show in Inco...
- Financial Terms Meanings starts with A
- Tax saving v/s TAX PLANNING
- EPF 9.5% RATE NOTIFIED FOR FY 2010-11
- IND Vs AUS OR IND Vs SRI Q/F LIKELY SCENARIO
- Determination of Time & Rate in Service Tax (Point...
- E TDS FVU 3.1 REGULAR FVU 2.130 CORRECTION RELESED...
- Acceptance of e-TDS/TCS statements in Pen Drive
- 9.5% epf interest rate approved by Finance ministr...
- Government Small Savings Schemes at a Glance & Cha...
- Difference between 2G and 3G
- RBI HIKES REPO, REVERSE REPO BY 25 BASIS POINTS
- Right tax-saving product-different answer for diff...
- Companies Name Availability Rules Amended
- LABOUR MINISTRY FAVOURS PARTIAL WITHDRAWAL FROM EP...
- changes in CENVAT Credit Rules, 2004 in Budget 201...
- NA JANE KAB AYEGA 'HAPPY MEN'S DAY"
- know security features of 1000 rupee note
- GOVT MAY ROLL BACK SOME BUDGET LEVIES
- Process of incorporation of Companies simplified
- Service Tax on Goods Transport OperatorsUps and Do...
- Service tax on Health services may be rolled back
- TERM PLANS SCORE OVER ULIPS AGAIN
- Taking Insurance Policy check DTC(direct tax code)...
- Expansion of scope of Legal Consultancy Service
- Pay service tax for Health services!!!
- New Simple ITR form ‘Sugam’ to be introduced for s...
- New levy on utensils: options with trade
- Interest Rate Increased for late payment of Servic...
- Private PF trusts allowed one more year for licenc...
- Vat rate on declared Good to go up 5 percent fr...
- Minimum Alternate Tax (MAT) and Dividend Distribut...
- NEW PENSION SCHEME ADDITL DED FOR EMPLOYEE /EMPLOY...
- Rationalisation of Tax on Income distributed to un...
- Taxation of certain foreign dividends at a reduced...
- SERVICE TAX NOW PAYABLE ON DUE INVOICE PAYMENT BAS...
- AMENDMENT EXPANSION OF EXISTING SERVICE UNDER SERV...
- NEW SERVICES UNDER SERVICE TAX NET :BUDGET 2011
- LLP’S ARE NOW SUBJECT TO ALTERNATE MINIMUM TAX (AM...
- LIST OF 130 NEW ITEMS UNDER 1 PERCENT EXCISE :BUDG...
- No Income tax return for salaried less than 500000...
- Excise custom service tax proposals in budget 2011...
- ▼ March 2011 (57)
- ► 2010 (406)
- ► 2009 (127)
- ► 2008 (90)
- ALL ABOUT BAN ON 500-1000 NOTES
- WITHDRAW CASH WITHOUT LIMIT WEF 29/11/16 ?
- NEW DISCLOSURE SCHEME @ 49.90 % TAX
- 2.5 LAKH FOR MARRIAGE
- 200% PENALTY NOT APPLICABLE
- Daily/Weekly Cash limit Rs 24000/-
- Be Ready for IT notice
- BANK TO REPORT CASH DEPOSIT>2.5 LAKH S/A 12.50 C/A
- USE HERE 500 NOTE TILL 15.12.2016
- No Question asked Deposit < 2.5 Lakh
- IT DEPT ISSUED NOTICES AFTER 9/11/16
- NO EXCHANGE OF NOTES WEF 25.11.2016
- 32 FAQ on Ban on ₹500-1000 notes
- Ban on ₹ 500 and ₹1000