ITD has started processing of TDS returns for 2010-11 (u/s 200A) and earlier years (u/s 201)
All 'defaults' information, those processed after 01-04-2011, are now made available at www.tin-nsdl.com. (TAN registration login)
The defaults will be raised as & when processed and will be kept updated in this area. It will be in a Zipped Excel sheet (no password) and quarter wise separate files will be available. (for which defaults are identified)
Deductors may also receive physical/email notices from local offices shortly.
So, the TAN registration login will cover below features now:
- Consolidated TDS file download and request tracking
- Form 16A data download and utility
- Form 15CA Submission
- Defaults information (Mistakes/Inconsistencies)
- Profile update
check online Power point presentation on
Yesterday we have downloaded form 16A from Tin Nsdl and found some interesting things
- Status of challan match with bank data has been shown on every form 16A
- Name against PAN has been taken as per Income Tax data Base.Like if a PROP. firm is working as Sidhu builders and Prop of Prop firm is Jarnail singh then Form 16A will show name Jarnail singh not Sidh builders.
- Address of Pan Holder shown as per PAN data base .In this case Problem may arise where Person (deductee)has not changed address in PAN data base.In such cases old address will be shown.
- Unique Number will be allotted to each form 16A
- Form 16A will be generated only for valid pan only .