Now, you need not carry your automated teller machine (ATM) card to withdraw cash. Cash-on-Mobile, the new cardless cash facility launched by IndusInd Bank enables you to withdraw cash from an ATM without using your ATM/debit card.
HOW TO GET IT?
HOW TO GET IT?
- You will have to register for the service at any IndusInd branch or ATM via the bank's Internet banking.
- You can also call up the bank's customer service centre.
- Once registered, you will receive a fourdigit MPIN (mobile personal identification number), just like an ATM PIN.
- This MPIN will ensure security of the transaction and work as an authorisation code.
- You need to download the application on your cellphone.
- You also have the option of using the SMS channel.
- The bank will send a weblink for the application.
WHAT DO YOU GET?
- The service is free-of-cost.
- You get the facilities you normally get at an ATM.
- You will be able to make intra-bank, mobile-to-mobile, mobile-to-account fund transfers and even Net Electronic Funds Transfer (NEFT).
- Interbank Mobile Payment Service (IMPS) is a part of this mobile application.
- Cash limit: You can withdraw up to R5,000 per day through cash-on-mobile.
- In case of fund transfers through IMPS, the limit is R30,000 per day per transaction and R4,000 using SMSs.
- All bill payments come with a limit of R20,000 per day per transaction.
HOW DO YOU USE IT?
- Go to the IndusMobile application you have downloaded.
- Use your MPIN and make a request to the bank for the cardless withdrawal facility, specifying the amount.
- The bank will send you a temporary password.
- You will have to generate another password for yourself as well through the application.
- At the ATM, choose the cash-on-mobile option on the screen.
- You will be asked to enter your mobile number, the amount and the temporary password sent by the bank as well as the password you generated.
- Only when all four match, the ATM will dispense cash.
- You can even use this facility to send money to a third party.