One such facility provided under TIN is authenticated login (TAN account) provided to deductors/collectors at TIN website. Under this login, following functions are provided:
- Online request of consolidated TDS/TCS file: Useful for preparation of correction statement.
- Online generation of Form 16A for valid PANs.
- Online download of default details generated by Income Tax Department.
- Bulk upload of Form 15CA records.
- Update of TAN account contact details.
Detailed revised procedure for creating “TAN Account” and activation of TAN account is as under.
- On registration, an e-mail containing link will be sent to registered e-mail ID (s).
- User will be required to click on the link for activating the TAN account. This link is sent for verifying the validity of e-mail ID.
- On clicking the link, user will be prompted to provide TAN and corresponding 12 digit TAN registration number.
- If the TAN & TAN registration number matches, then TAN account will be activated within 24 hours.
- TAN account will be active if at least one of the e-mail ID is verified.
- TAN account will not be activated, If the user does not click link or does not provide respective TAN and TAN registration number and the same is verified.
- If user has provided two e-mail ID (s) on registration/ re-registration, then the TAN account will be activated even if the user clicks on the link (as mentioned above) sent at any one of the registered e-mail ID.
- On activation of TAN account, an e-mail containing the user ID in password protected PDF file will be sent to registered e-mail ID (s). On receipt of this e-mail, user can login to TAN account.
Further the user may re-register the TAN if user has:
- Forgotten the TAN account details like user ID, TAN registration no. (12 digit alphanumeric number) or
- Would like to update the contact details of TAN account ,wherein the user does not know the login credentials of TAN account,
|No Hidden charges,Flat monthly fee,Zero account opening charges|