The Punjab government today decided to reduce VAT from 12 per cent to 5 per cent on material purchased by Punjab State Power Corporation (POWERCOM) and Punjab State Transmission Corporation (TRANSCO) for power generation, transmission and distribution. The nod was given by Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal in this regard here today. A spokesperson said that the surcharge of 10 per cent on the VAT levied on said purchase would continue to be charged as earlier. The spokesperson further said that the Chief Minister had taken this decision to safeguard the interests of the local industry. This decision would not only boost the financial viability of these corporations but also immensely benefit all categories of consumers across the state by ensuring far better efficiency in the system of power generation, transmission and distribution, the spokesperson added.Notification in this regard not found on govt Site yet.
VAT reduced on material bought by PSPCL & PSTCL
AUTHOR: RAJA BABU
We are a team of energetic Tax professionals & TaxPayers,
having positive approach to provide problem solution & to share our experiences and Knowledge in the field of Income tax ,Service Tax Excise and other Financial Matters
/fa-clock-o/ WEEK TRENDING$type=list$type=list-tab
- CASH WITHDRAWAL LIMIT RELAXED WEF 29.11.2016
- TDS RATES CHART FY 2016-17 AY 17-18 TDS DEPOSIT DUE DATES INTEREST PENALTY
- KNOW YOUR PAN NAME VERIFY PAN FREE CHECK NAME BY PAN
- New VDS for unaccounted money Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana, 2016 Proposed
- GOVT FIXED GOLD JEWELLERY HOLDING LIMIT (TRUE OR FALSE)
- No Restriction on deposits in current account
- Key changes in Revised Model GST Law
- VERIFY YOUR SERVICE TAX NUMBER EXCISE CODE CHECK STATUS ADDRESS LOCATION
- SERVICE TAX REVERSE CHARGE CHART WEF 01.06.2016
- The Taxation Laws (Second Amendment) Bill, 2016
- ► 2016 (360)
- ► 2015 (550)
- ► 2014 (502)
- ► 2013 (415)
- ► 2012 (532)
- Relief u/s 89(1) on gratuity received in FY 2010-...
- Is family pension also treated as salary? Is TDS d...
- Service tax return ST -3 date extended to 06-01-20...
- Can the employer take other Income into account wh...
- Declare other Income to employer for TDS and get b...
- VAT reduced on material bought by PSPCL & PSTCL
- SECTION 194-I TDS ON RENT PAYEE MUST HAVE CONTROL...
- What is health insurance?Why we need health plans?...
- Why term plans insurance policy ?
- NHAI to launch tax-free bonds
- 54 EC Capital Gains Bonds of NHAI for the year 201...
- DEREGULATED RATES ONLY ON NEW DEPOSITS IN NRE/NRO ...
- FREE E BOOK DRAFT LETTER DEEDS WILL INDEMNITY BOND...
- Lokpal and Lokayuktas Bill 2011 Introduced in Lok ...
- WHAT IF ADVANCE TAX DUE DATE MISSED
- SERVICE TAX REFUND (STR) TO EXPORTERS THROUGH INDI...
- Deregulation of Interest Rates on Non-Resident (Ex...
- Procedure for activation TAN account at TIN-NSDL s...
- TRICKS TO USE GOOGLE SEARCH IN BETTER MANNER
- Why Buying a Policy Online Makes Sense
- Documents For Service Tax Registration
- Mid Quarter RBI Monetary Policy Review: December 2...
- 21 USEFUL CHARTS TDS RATES INCOME TAX PF ESI
- Aakash tablet on sale for Rs 2500 online Ubislate...
- सिटीजऩ चार्टर: अन्ना के प्रस्ताव बनाम सरकारी बिल
- TDS RATE CHART 11-12 FY TDS RATE 12-13 AY TCS RATE...
- Companies Bill 2011- Major Highlights
- KNOW YOUR PAN,VERIFY PAN,NAME BY PAN,PAN CARD STAT...
- Abatement and CENVAT both claimed wrongly -what to...
- Interest Rate on EPF Financial Year 2011-12
- Stuck in a personal loan , ways to free yourself
- INSURANCE BROKERS CAN HELP YOU SETTLE CLAIMS
- How DTC effects Small Savings Schemes Taxability
- Direct tax code to come into force from April 2012...
- EPF RATE MAY BE SLASHED TO 8. 25%
- TAX IMPLICATION OF LOAN AND INTEREST WAIVER
- Accept Rs 1L PPF deposits: RBI to banks
- Know Your Client (KYC) JUST ONCE IS ENOUGH FOR INV...
- Splitting Minimum Wages for EPF Not Permissible ??...
- LIFE INSURANCE PREMIUM -MATURITY-TAX -POINTS YOU S...
- Indexed cost of gifted assets on cost to previous...
- TIN Verification of Dealers TOLL FREE NUMBER
- 54F AVAILABLE IF HOUSE PURCHASED JOINTLY WITH SPOU...
- Consolidated Account Statement (CAS) for Mutual Fu...
- INCOME-TAX (NINTH AMENDMENT) RULES, 2011
- SALE OF SIM CARD SERVICE TAX OR VAT :SUPREME COURT...
- ENSURE AADHAAR-ENABLED BANK ACCOUNTS:RBI
- CLARIFICATIONS REGARDING APPLICABILITY COST ACCOUN...
- COST ACCOUNTING RECORDS AND COST AUDIT - CLARIFICA...
- DATE OF FILING OF B/S AND P & L A/C IN XBRL EXTEN...
- PPF TO LEAD IMPROVEMENT IN SMALL SAVINGS
- ▼ December 2011 (51)
- ► 2010 (406)
- ► 2009 (127)
- ► 2008 (90)
- ALL ABOUT BAN ON 500-1000 NOTES
- WITHDRAW CASH WITHOUT LIMIT WEF 29/11/16 ?
- NEW DISCLOSURE SCHEME @ 49.90 % TAX
- 2.5 LAKH FOR MARRIAGE
- 200% PENALTY NOT APPLICABLE
- Daily/Weekly Cash limit Rs 24000/-
- Be Ready for IT notice
- BANK TO REPORT CASH DEPOSIT>2.5 LAKH S/A 12.50 C/A
- USE HERE 500 NOTE TILL 15.12.2016
- No Question asked Deposit < 2.5 Lakh
- IT DEPT ISSUED NOTICES AFTER 9/11/16
- NO EXCHANGE OF NOTES WEF 25.11.2016
- 32 FAQ on Ban on ₹500-1000 notes
- Ban on ₹ 500 and ₹1000