In October the Union Cabinet approved the proposal to make official amendments to the Companies Bill, 2011. The Companies Bill, 2011 had earlier been introduced in the Lok Sabha on 14th December, 2011 and was considered by the Parliamentary Standing Committee on Finance which submitted its report to the Speaker, Lok Sabha, on 26thJune, 2012. The report was laid in the Parliament on 13th August 2012. Keeping in view the recommendations made by such Committee it was decided to make certain modifications in the Companies Bill, 2011 through official amendments after which it was presented in the Lok Sabha which passed it.
· Developed by Expert Team of Working Professionals with Practical Inputs;
· Incorporating more than 100 changes made on the last Bill;
· Innovative & interesting style of Presentation of Bill;
· Bill is coupled with extensive researched content:
o What’s New, Modified and Dropped in Law
o Major & Chapter wise highlights;
o Articles on Newly Introduced Concepts in Bill;
o Comparative view of major chapter;
o Tabular presentation of clause comparison, sections deleted, rules to be prescribed
· Comparative analysis of Bill with Companies Act 1956, makes it easy to understand
· One stop referencer on Companies Bill, 2011
1. Key Highlights of the Companies Bill, 2011
· Bulleted points cover the major highlights of the Bill, and a graphic summarises the overall Bill
· Major Chapter-wise Highlights are provided.
2. New Concepts
· New Concepts introduced by the Bill is discussed in bullet form, and salient features of each concept is given in an in an easy to understand bulleted/tabular format. eg. One person Company, Independent Directors, etc.
3. Companies Bill, 2011 v Companies Act, 1956
· A Clause-wise arrangement of the Companies Bill, 2011 against the corresponding sections of the Companies Act, 1956.
4. Companies Act, 1956 v Companies Bill, 2011
· A section-wise arrangement of the Companies Act, 1956 against corresponding clauses of the Companies Bill, 2011
5. A listing of deleted sections from the Companies Act, 1956
6. Clause-wise analysis of the Bill
· what’s new, what’s modified and what’s dropped
7. Comparative view of Chapters in the Companies Bill, 2011 and Companies Act. 1956
· Provided in a tabular format, focussing on the key topics contained in each chapter
8. Companies Bill, 2011 – Clause-wise listing of Rules to be prescribed.
· A large part of the Bill will be as Rules, which will be prescribed separately. This section provides a guide to the clauses for which Rules are to be prescribed.