Power point presentation on Service tax on real estate by Sumit Grover is given for ready reference. He has touched all the issues related to service tax in construction Industry like tax during construct and tax after construction like renting of immovable property and renting in Hotels etc .It may clear many of your doubts .Abstract of one slide related to service tax applicability after completion of property is given below.Complete slide show is also given after the abstract.
No service tax on sale of completed properties
Completion Certificate from Competent Authority required for sale of flat to be exempt from service tax.
Competent Authority means
- The Government or any authority authorized to issue completion certificate under any law for the time being in force and
- In case there is non-requirement of such certificate from such authority(as given in one above), then from any of the following namely:-
- Architect Registered with Council of Architecture constituted under the Architects Act, 1972; or
- Chartered Engineer Registered with Institution of Engineers (India); or
- Licensed Surveyor of the respective local body of the city or town or village or development or planning authority.
By CA sumit Grover Sumitgrover.email@example.com +91-9910946323