File TDS returns for Quarter 2 of FY 2014-15 by 15th October 2014.For Government deductors due date is 30.10.2014.
TDS return filing date for second quarter of FY 2014-15 falls due on 15th October 2014. Deductors are required to file TDS returns before it to avoid late filing fees or penalty.
Dos & Dont's for filing TDS Returns
- · Ensure that TDS return is filed with same TAN against which TDS payment has been made.
- · Ensure that correct challan particulars including CIN and amount is mentioned.
- · Correct PAN of the deductee is mentioned.
- · Correct section is quoted against each deductee record.
- · Tax is deducted at correct rate for each deductee record.
- · File correction statement as soon as discrepancy is noticed.
- · Issue TDS certificate downloaded from TRACES website.
- · Don't file late returns as it affects deductee tax credit.
- · Don't quote incorrect TAN vis-à-vis TDS payments.
The task of filing tds can be simplified to a much greater extent if the tds returns are prepared correctly and conveniently. Deductors needs to select a proper software so that the tds returns are prepared in an efficient manner. As an option, one can use TDSMAN, one of the well known software for the preparation of error free tds returns. Over the last couple of years, it has been observed that the team of TDSMAN is prompt and regularly updates the software so that their 30,000 users are able to meet their TDS compliance with ease.
Many new features has been implemented in the TDSMAN software for the convenience of the users. Some of them are given below:
• Bulk PAN Verification and PAN Name Extraction
• Prediction of Defaults for corrective action in advance
• Guidance on TDS Defaults
• 197 Certificate validation
• Auto Tax and Interest Calculation
TDSMAN (FY: 2014-15) is priced at Rs. 3,500. For Simpletax subscribers,Special offer is given below