Income Tax return season is on . Department has released all Income Tax return forms and E filing for ITR -1, ITR-2 ,ITR-2A,ITR-4S has already started.However for other forms e filing is expected to be start soon. Due date to File Income Tax return for Non-Audit cases is 31.08.2015.
Now ITR 1,ITR-2 ,ITR 2A and ITR 4S can only be filed offline subject to above two conditions and all other return forms are to be filed through online mode only.
Return filing is easy and less time consuming ,if you keep ready all your necessary documents with you ,we have listed main documents which are required to file Income tax return .Please note that these documents are required only for reference purpose and not required to be attached with the Income tax return.However you should keep this document in Your Income Tax return file for future references.
- PAN card/Pan Number
- All Bank account information
- TDS certificates (if TDS has been deducted by other)
- Tax payment challans (Self-assessment, advance tax,if you have deposited the same)
- In case of revised return/return in response to a notice received from Department of Income-tax - You need the details of Original return/details of notice
- Form 16 / Salary Certificate received from the Employer
- Address of the property.
- Co-owner details (if property is co-owned)
- Interest certificate issued by bank for housing loan
- Rent details,Property Tax
- Sale and Purchase deed of the property including stamp valuation of the property (for land/building)
- Documents for cost of improvement on the property (if improvement is done)
- Stock statement in case of trading in shares etc. (specifying sale and purchase value of shares)
- In case of other capital asset the cost of purchase, sale value and cost of improvement if any
- Details of expense incurred on transfer
- Re-investment purchase deed for claiming exemption from Capital Gains
- Details of investment in Capital Gains Accounts Scheme
- Bank Passbook/Statement or interest income certificate (deduction of Saving bank interest up to Rs 10000/- u/s 80TTA is available)
- PPF passbook for interest (you may show PPF interest under exempted Income on yearly basis or at the time of maturity)
- Dividend warrants/amount
- Interest certificates on bonds
- Details of accrued interest on NSC during the year.
- Rent agreement for plant & machinery, building etc. given on rent (if any)
- Receipts of any income from winning of lottery, horse races etc.
Tax Savings Investments
- Life and medical insurance payment receipts
- PPF passbook
- Fixed deposit receipts (eligible for section 80C)
- Repayment certificate for housing loan
- Deposit receipts for senior citizen saving scheme.
- Tuition fees receipts
- Donation receipts (along with PAN of the donnee) (for section 80G)
- Any other tax saving investment receipts/proof
- The above discussed proof are not to be attached along with return of income
- The aforesaid list is only for the reference and ease of the user and merely a list prepared on the basis of standard practice. The actual documents required for filing the return may differ from case to case and users are advised to compile other documents affecting their computation of income before proceeding for filing the return of income.