· Cenvat credit and refund thereof can't be denied merely on ground of non-registration
· Service tax is not payable on concessional rent recovered from employees.
· The notional surplus earned from sale and purchase of space on the vessel and not by giving service to the client, is not liable to Service tax.
· Operation of plant of client is covered under ‘Business Support service rather than ‘Maintenance or Repair service’, hence exempt from Service tax prior to May 1, 2011
· The Due date of filing ST 3 return has been extended from April 25 to April 29, 2016, relating to period from October 1, 2016 to March 31, 2016.
· Excise duty is not leviable on packing material used in relation to export of goods, even if it is discarded as scrap at port.
· Appeal filed by revenue without authorisation is invalid, even if authorisation letter submitted later.
· The Writ Court can interfere even at the stage of issuance of show cause notice.
· Interest and Penalty cannot be imposed, if show cause notice neither demanded the duty/Cenvat nor determined any duty/Cenvat.
· In respect of manufacturer exporter ICD/Port is the place of removal.
· CBEC has clarified with regard to disposal of call block cases, decided by courts or board has issued clarification on that matter.
· Sub-committee of the High level committee is constituted, to submit report on the imposition of Central Excise duty on jewellery.
· The time limit for taking Excise registration by the jewellers has been extended upto July 1, 2016.
· Bagasse, Dross and Skimmings of non-ferrous metals or
any such by product or waste will be treated as non-excisable goods.
· Import of second hand capital goods is not restricted even if cut into small pieces of different sizes.
· New condition cannot be imposed by way trade notice in the absence of any amendment to Import-Export policy framed by Central Government by publishing a notification.
· The procedure is simplified for import of goods for maintenance, repair or overhauling of aircraft by the units engaged in the said activities.
· Know Your Customer (“KYC”) norms relaxed by CBEC, which is to be followed by the courier companies.
· Registration documents is not be demanded by the customs officers, in relation to goods not specified under the Legal Metrology Act, 2009.
· Bond is to be re-credited without any delay at destination Air cargo complexes, instruction issued by CBEC.
· Import or inter-state supply of goods which is integrally connected with the contract for their supply to DMRC, is exempt from taxation under the DVAT Act, 2004
· Due date of filling online return for quarter ending March 31, 2016 has been extended upto July 31, 2016.
ADMIN: RAJA BABU
We are a team of energetic Tax professionals & TaxPayers,
having positive approach to provide problem solution & to share our experiences and Knowledge in the field of Income tax ,Service Tax Excise and other Financial Matters
/fa-clock-o/ WEEK TRENDING$type=list$type=list-tab
- TDS RATES CHART FY 2016-17 AY 17-18 TDS DEPOSIT DUE DATES INTEREST PENALTY
- KNOW YOUR PAN NAME VERIFY PAN FREE CHECK NAME BY PAN
- PAN Card WITH QR CODE, WEF 10-01-2017
- DOWNLOAD EPF CHALLAN ECR-2 UAN-2 KYC EXCEL SOFTWARE FREE
- DAILY ATM WITHDRAWAL LIMIT & CURRENT ACCOUNT WITHDRAWAL LIMIT INCREASED
- NEW EPF ECR-2 UAN-2 WEF 20.12.2016 NEW UAN TO BE GENERATED OLD UAN TO BE LINKED
- Composition Scheme under GST
- Procedural Aspects of GST
- VERIFY YOUR SERVICE TAX NUMBER EXCISE CODE CHECK STATUS ADDRESS LOCATION
- Due date to deposit EPF December-2016 Extended
- KKC IS APPLICABLE ON ALL DEBTORS FOR SERVICE AS ON...
- POINT OF TAXATION KRISHI KALYAN CESS FORWARD-REVER...
- ALL ABOUT KRISHI KALYAN CESS APPLICABLE WEF 01.06....
- 10 Points you should Know about Krishi kalyan Cess...
- Accounting code for payment of Krishi Kalyan Cess
- Krishi Kalyan Cess shall be utilised only towards ...
- Krishi Kalyan Cess not leviable on exempted servic...
- Krishi Kalyan Cess applicable on Reverse charge al...
- Optional Calculation of Krishi Kalyan Cess for com...
- Exporters /SEZ Can avail rebate/refund of Krishi K...
- Indirect Tax Dispute Resolution Scheme, 2016: Over...
- TDS RATES CHART FY 2016-17 AY 17-18 TDS DEPOSIT DU...
- SERVICE TAX REVERSE CHARGE CHART WEF 01.06.2016
- Open Issues on Changes in Service Tax, Excise, Cus...
- SERVICE TAX ABATEMENT RATES WEF 01.06.2016
- INCREASE IN SERVICE TAX RATE WEF 01.06.2016 :FINAN...
- Finance Bill, 2016 enacted: Significant changes in...
- Download Finance Bill-2016 as passed by Lok Sabha
- Changes Made in Finance Bill 2016 in Lok Sabha
- Due Date to Filing TCS return not changed :CBDT cl...
- Rate of interest on delayed payment of duty as app...
- Interest on delayed payment Service tax-Excise-Cus...
- INDIRECT TAX DIGEST -09/05/2016
- Important Service Tax Amendments through Union Bud...
- Accounting entries for CENVAT Credit
- New procedure for e-filing of Form 15G/15H
- Reverse Charge - POT & Krishi Kalyan Cess Video Pr...
- Goods imported/ purchased inter-State used in Work...
- Due Date to File TDS returns Form 16A TDS deposit ...
- Employees to furnish evidence/particulars of HRA/H...
- How to File TDS return at Income Tax India Efiling...
- Indirect tax Digest - April 29, 2016
- ▼ May 2016 (32)
- ► 2015 (550)
- ► 2014 (502)
- ► 2013 (415)
- ► 2012 (532)
- ► 2011 (458)
- ► 2010 (406)
- ► 2009 (127)
- ► 2008 (90)