- PAN number of deductee not filled/filled incorrectly
- Incorrect amount paid/credited /TDS amount entered or incorrect deductee particulars
- Incorrect section code selected
- Incorrect payment date entered
- Incorrect challan detailed entered
- Incorrect code selected in remarks column
- Less TDS rate certicate number not entered or incorrect number selected.
- Late deposit of tds (Interest penalty).
- Late furnishing of tds statements .
To avoid such mistakes at inital stage ,you must have prepared your TDS returns through a Good TDS return software. We are using TDSMAN software from last 4-5 years and getting very good results and recommend this software for other deductors also. For Simple Tax India readers special discount of Rs 500/- is available.Further through Fy 2014-15 version ,you can also generate/correct TDS returns for earlier years.
- Download the zip file from 'Requested Downloads' screen and save to your local machine
- Unzip the file using Winzip. Password to unzip is 'JR_<TAN>_<Form Type>_<Quarter>_<FY>', e.g., JR_AAAAA1235A_24Q_Q3_2010-11. This will save the Justification Report as a text file
- Download the macro utility for Justification Report from this link
- Double-click the utility, excel sheet will open
- Click on 'Enable Content' in the warning message to enable macros
- Select the Justification Report text file and the folder to save the output excel file and click on button 'Generate TDS CPC Justification Report'
- The text file will be converted into excel spreadsheet and saved in the selected folder
- Open the Justification Report excel file from the folder in which it has been saved
If You have problems in correcting the tds return or regarding TIN-CPC then you can raise the issue in Comment section below.