Income Tax Department facilitates a PAN holder to view its Tax Credit Statement (Form 26AS) online. Form 26AS contains Details of tax d...
Income Tax Department facilitates a PAN holder to view its Tax Credit Statement (Form 26AS) online. Form 26AS contains
- Details of tax deducted on behalf of the taxpayer by deductors
- Details of tax collected on behalf of the taxpayer by collectors
- Advance tax/self assessment tax/regular assessment tax, etc. deposited by the taxpayers (PAN holders)
- Details of paid refund received during the financial year Details of the High value Transactions in respect of shares, mutual fund etc.
|The Tax Credit Statement (Form 26AS) are generated wherein valid PAN has been reported in the TDS statements. Tax Credits Statement (Form 26AS) can be viewed/accessed through 3 ways :
1. View Tax Credit from https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in
Taxpayers who are registered at the above potal viz. https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in can view 26AS by clicking on 'View Tax Credit Statement (From 26AS)' in "My Account". The facility is available free of cost.
For "New Registration", Click on 'Register' on the portal. The registration process is user-friendly and takes minimal time.
2. View Tax Credit (Form 26AS) from bank site through net banking facility
The facility is available to a PAN holder having net banking account with any of authorized banks. View of Tax Credit Statement (Form 26AS) is available only if the PAN is mapped to that particular account. The facility is available for free of cost. View Demo
|List of banks registered with NSDL for providing view of Tax Credit Statement (Form 26AS) are as below|
1. Axis Bank Limited
2. Bank of India
3. Bank of Maharashtra
4. Citibank N.A.
5. Corporation Bank
6. ICICI Bank Limited
7. IDBI Bank Limited
8. Indian Overseas Bank
9. Indian Bank
10. Kotak Mahindra Bank Limited
11. Oriental Bank of Commerce
12. State Bank of India
13. State Bank of Mysore
14. State Bank of Travancore
15. The Federal Bank Limited
16. UCO Bank
17. Union Bank of India
18. Bank of Baroda
19. Karnataka Bank
20. The Saraswat Co-operative Bank Limited
21. City Union Bank Limited
22. State Bank of Patiala
3. View Tax Credit (Form 26AS) from TIN website
The facility is available to PANs that are registered with Tax Information Network for view of 26AS statement. The PAN holder has to fill up an online Registration form for such purpose. Thereafter, verification of PAN holder's identity is done by the TIN-Facilitation Centre personnel either at PAN holder's address or at the TIN-facilitation center that has been chosen by the PAN holder. The verification involves a cost at prescribed rates. Once authorised, the PAN holder can view Tax Credit Statement online.