Friday, February 22, 2013

New form 26B to claim excess TDS deposited by Deductor Notification 11/2013

on Friday, February 22, 2013

Income Tax rules regarding refund of excess deposit of TDS by deductor has been amended in notification 11/2013 dated 19.02.2013 . In this notification deductor can claim refund of excess TDS by filing the return electronically on New form 26B with digital signature only .New rule 31A(3A) has been inserted under rule 31A. Further Director general of Income Tax systems has been authorised to set the procedure to claim the refund.New form 26B is provided here under for download.

"(3A) A claim for refund, for sum paid to the credit of the Central Government under Chapter XVII-B, shall be furnished by the deductor in Form 26B electronically under digital signature in accordance with the procedures, formats and standards specified under sub-rule (5).";
"(5) The Director General of Income-tax (Systems) shall specify the procedures, formats and standards for the purposes of furnishing and verification of the statements or claim for refund in Form 26B and shall be responsible for the day-to-day administration in relation to furnishing and verification of the statements or claim for refund in Form 26B in the manner so specified.".

5 comments: Post Yours! Read Comment Policy ▼
We have Zero Tolerance to Spam. Chessy Comments and Comments with Links will be deleted immediately upon our review.

  1. means claim can only be filed through online mode with digital signature.

    why digital signature has been made mandatory? and
    where to file return ?,
    is there any software available free of cost to file such return ?

    any answer ?

    1. Presently not but sooner all the details will be available , in our view by filing return online refund will also be processed online no need to visit office of ITO ,no % dealing ....if so then longer process should also be welcomed !!!

    2. where do we file the return online? has no provisions for such refund applications.

  2. Can't the assessee who is the aggrieved in the case of excess deduction file the claim himself/herself?

    1. Yes he can , but above form is applicable where tds has not been deducted by deductor but deposited .