CBDT has enabled a new feature to apply online PAN and TAN with the introduction of Aadhaar based e-signature .In new procedure the PAN may be applied online without submission of document with Aadhaar based e sign option.The CBDT has issued press release in this regards as under
For fast tracking the allotment of PAN and TAN to company applicants, Digital Signature Certificate(DSC) based application procedure has been introduced on the portals of PAN service providers M/s NSDL eGov and M/s UTIITSL.
Under the new process PAN and TAN will be allotted within one day after completion of valid on-line application. Similarly, a new Aadhaar e-Signature based application process for Individual PAN applicants has been made available on the portals of PAN service providers M/s NSDL eGov. The URL links for the above applications are available in ‘important links’ on the homepage of the departmental website ‘incometaxindia.gov.in’.
Introduction of Aadhaar based e-Signature through M/s NSDL eGov in PAN application not only ensures paperless hassle free PAN application process but also seeding of Aadhaar in PAN which will curb the problem of duplicate PAN to a great extent.
Points to be Noted
- In case Aadhaar number of Individual applicant is entered in the application form, then proof of Aadhaar along with supporting documents is to be submitted to NSDL e-Gov. If copy of Aadhaar is selected as Proof of Identity/Address/date of birth, then it is mandatory to enter Aadhaar number.
- In case applicant is MINOR Aadhaar of minor should be mentioned in the application form. (i.e. Do not mention Representative Assessee's Aadhaar number)
- Aadhaar number (if provided) would be authenticated using applicants details as mentioned in application form.
- In Aadhaar based e-Sign option, Aadhaar would be considered as supporting document and the photograph used in Aadhaar card would be used in PAN card as well.
- In case, AADHAAR is mentioned in the application (applicable for Individuals only), then the copy of AADHAAR allotment letter should also be uploaded along with the acknowledgement.
- At the start of application form provide your Aadhaar no and data will be matched with Aadhaar data
- In option "how do you want to submit your pan application documents "select submit digitally through sign "the select C(dAC esign ) option .OTP will be sent to you Aadhaar registered phone number ,fill the otp in required column and other column as directed .
- No need to send document physically .
- That's all.