ques:A person has worked under four employer in a financial year.
1)tds 1000 has deduction under 1st employer.
2) tds 2000 deducted in 2nd employer.
3 tds 3000 deducted under 3rd employer.
4) now in forth quarter he has received salary rs 40000/ and deduct tds 400/- - and save money 100000 under section 80c with 4th employer.
being an employer, while submitting etds return , annexure II entries are in question .
- In annexure -II , his gross amount is less than his savings , it shows minus in net amount.
- who will issue form 16 and what amount of 16a form .
The above points are totally confusing.have you final solution for that ?
Ans:CBDT has issued a clarification circular regarding annexure II form 26q Q4 main points covered in the circular are
- In annexure I figures of relevant quarter should be shown and in annexure II actual figure of the year should be shown.
- Where an employee has worked with a deductor for part of the financial year only, the deductor should deduct tax at source from his salary and report the same in the quarterly statement of the respective quarter(s) up to the date of employment with him. Further, while submitting Form No.24Q for the last quarter, the deductor should include particulars of that employee in Annexure II irrespective of the fact that the employee was not under his employment on the last day of the year.
- Similarly, where an employee joins employment with deductor during the course of the financial year, his particulars should be reported by the current deductor in Form No. 24Q of the relevant quarter. Further, while submitting Form No. 24Q for the last quarter, the deductor should include particulars of such employee for the actual period of employment under him in AnnexureII.
- In annexure II Q4 net taxable amount can not be negative so we can show deduction u/s 80 C maximum up to gross income (salary) shown.This limitation is due to FVU(file validation utility) as if income shown as negative it will not run through fvu.The point you should keep in mind while filing data of such employees.Fill period of income to/from date exactly against that employee.In above case show show saving amount u/s 80c upto 40000.
- Regarding form 16 each employer should show period of employment from to in form 16 in income column give salary paid by them only and in saving column saving actually submitted to them.and none of the employer should calculate tax liability ,just give salary figure and saving figure without any tax calculation.
- One more point,first three employer should also fill detail period of service and , salary paid in annexure II form 24q in respect of the employee evan at the end of the year he is not working with them.
hope you will understand what I want to say.If you have something to add or have a different version on the problem then please record in comment section.
we are also providing free Income tax calculator ,Advance tax calculator,TDS calculator ,free Pan verification,all type of challan and return forms in excel and pdf please check all in side Bar links .......wait for seconds .......
Download Our Free Tax Help Toolbar
Inconsistencies in ETDS returns
DUE DATE OF TDS/TCS RETURN QTR ENDING 30.09.2007 E...
MANDATORY PAN % INCREASED IN ETDS ETCS RETURN.
NEW FILE VALIDATION UTILITY(FVU 2.116)DIRECT LINK DOWNLOAD NOW
what is new in 2.116 FVU(applicable from01.04.2008)
FILL PAN OTHERWISE ETDS/ETCS RETURN WILL NOT BE AC...
Do and Don'ts while tax deposit
FAQ (ETDS/ETCS STATEMENTS)
FREE SOFTWARE FOR ETDS/ETCS STATEMENTS
NON FILLING OF ETDS STATEMENTS
NIL ETDS RETURN MANDATORY?
DUE DATES OF ETDS/ETCS RETURN
TDS RATES 2007-08 EXCEL
SCOPE OF ETDS/ETCS STATEMENT ENHANCED
KNOW ALL ABOUT PAN,VERIFY PAN ONLINE
Register for form 26as (pan login & View your taxes deducted/deposited/collected online) Read more on this article...