As per income tax rules ,Pan number of all deductees is to be filled /given in e-tds return .However in few cases PAN is not made available by the deductees and some times even after sincere efforts we are not successful in getting the pan of the person .There is a trick to find PAN with name and DOB /Date of Incorporation but do that trick DOB is required which deductor may not have .so what to do Now .
We have find a trick to search PAN of person ,if he is also registered as TAN holder.So we have named this trick as PAN from TAN .so if we are able to find TAN details then we can check person PAN easily.To check PAN from TAN following details are required.
- Name of the person
- Category of the person (individual,firm,company etc)
- State where he registered for TAN.
STEP by STEP Know your PAN From TAN
- First Select Category of TAN. (Individual,firm,company etc)
- Then Select State where TAN is registered.
- Select Search by Name ,If you have TAN number then you can search by TAN number also.
- Type first few words of the name of the person who's pan you are searching ,click Submit
- List of Tan Matching above particulars will be shown .Some times more than one result will be shown ,In such case Increase words in search to reduce the search results and check them one by one if any of them is suitable for you.
- Now click the Link in the name in next screen the tan detail will be shown which may also have pan number
Note : Pan will be shown only if person has given while registering for tan
lets try for " AMRITSAR SWADESHI TEXTILE CORPORATION PRIVATE LIMITED State PunjabSelect Category :Company
Select State as :PUNJAB
Select Search By Name
In Name Column Type Amritsar
In results on top of table AMRITSAR SWADESHI TEXTILE CORPORATION PRIVATE LIMITED will be shown ,click link given in name, in next screen detail of PAN will be Shown and PAN of the firm can be noted down as " AAFCA0627F "
Hope you have understood the Trick PAN BY TAN ,Now try yourself.