As I have updated you earlier that Those assessees who have filed their Income Tax return online(e filing ) without digital signature have to furnish the ITR-V form within 120 days from date of uploading of the Income tax return (xml File) to the Central processing cell at Bangalore .Further Income Tax deptt has issued Press release that ITR -V should only be send through ordinary post only and speed post, registered post and courier will not be received .Then I have raised the question that How person will be know whether The ITR-V has reached at the Bangalore office or not? and suggest that some confirmation should be there in e filing portal or person should be informed through email about the ITR-V status .
Friends,Good news is that Income tax deprt has now added a link in e filing site by name "e filing processing status" under My Account Menu.To know your e filing Processing status.To know your ITR-V/E filing return processing status follow this steps as Given below (as shown in the picture)
- Login to the e filing site with your pan and password.
- Go to the "My Account " tab (refer A in the picture)
- In drop down menu under My account Tab click " e- filing processing status"(refer B in the picture)
- In next screen (refer C in the picture) fill you ITR-V acknowledgement Number and Select your assessment year.
- You will get status of your return/ITR-V processing status in next screen.
Department has now started emailing the Acknowledgement as token of receipt for ITR -V on reaching at Bangalore office but due to rush it will take time.See sample ITV V receipt from bang lore office
This is a welcome step by the Income tax Department ,please record your comment .....