|Date Of Redemption||The date specified for the redemption of a scheme. No such date is specified for an open-ended scheme.|
|Death Benefits||Death Benefits refer to the amount of money paid to the nominee on the death of the insured.|
|Debt / Income Funds||Funds that invest in income bearing instruments such as corporate debentures, PSU bonds, gilts, treasury bills, certificates of deposit and commercial papers. Although these funds are less volatile, the underlying investments carry a credit risk. Comparatively, these funds are less risky and are preferred by risk-averse investors.|
|Disability||Disability refers to the incapacity to exercise a profession as a result of sickness, illness, accident or any other infirmity.|
|Dividend||Portion of profits that a company or a mutual fund distributes to its shareholders or unit holders.|
|Dividend Frequency||The periodicity of dividend payout of a scheme. This is especially valid in the case of an income/debt scheme.|
|Dividend History||The past track record of dividends declared by a fund till date.|
|Dividend Payout||In a dividend payout option, the fund pays out dividend from time to time as and when a dividend is declared.|
|Dividend Per Unit||Total amount of dividend declared by a fund for a scheme divided by total number of units issued to all the investors.|
|Dividend Period||The period for which the dividend is declared|
|Dividend Reinvestment||In a dividend reinvestment option, the dividend is reinvested in the scheme itself. Hence instead of receiving dividend, the unit holders receive units. Thus the number of units allotted under the dividend reinvestment option would be the dividend declared divided by the ex-dividend NAV.|
|Dividend Stripping||The mechanism under which an investor invests in a scheme with the motive of withdrawing the funds immediately after the dividend is paid. Typically one enters just before the record date for payment of dividend and withdraws the funds immediately after the dividend payment. The mechanism is used for receiving tax-free income and booking capital loss to be set off against other capital gains.|
|Dividend Yield||The dividend earned per unit of a scheme at the prevailing per unit price.|
Labels:meanings of finance terms
ADMIN: RAJA BABU
We are a team of energetic Tax professionals & TaxPayers,
having positive approach to provide problem solution & to share our experiences and Knowledge in the field of Income tax ,Service Tax Excise and other Financial Matters
/fa-clock-o/ WEEK TRENDING$type=list$type=list-tab
- TDS RATES CHART FY 2016-17 AY 17-18 TDS DEPOSIT DUE DATES INTEREST PENALTY
- KNOW YOUR PAN NAME VERIFY PAN FREE CHECK NAME BY PAN
- DOWNLOAD EPF CHALLAN ECR-2 UAN-2 KYC EXCEL SOFTWARE FREE
- DAILY ATM WITHDRAWAL LIMIT & CURRENT ACCOUNT WITHDRAWAL LIMIT INCREASED
- VERIFY YOUR SERVICE TAX NUMBER EXCISE CODE CHECK STATUS ADDRESS LOCATION
- HOW TO MAKE ONLINE PAYMENT OF EPF (EMPLOYEE PROVIDENT FUND)
- NEW EPF ECR-2 UAN-2 WEF 20.12.2016 NEW UAN TO BE GENERATED OLD UAN TO BE LINKED
- Composition Scheme under GST
- 4 EXPECTATION FROM BUDGET-2017 BY COMMON MAN
- Procedural Aspects of GST
- ► 2016 (423)
- ► 2015 (550)
- ► 2014 (502)
- ► 2013 (415)
- ► 2012 (532)
- Last call to save your Taxes for fy 2010-11
- Monthly Provident Fund statement from FY13:EPFO
- Issue refunds fast says Finance Ministry to Income...
- House Loan on Joint name optimise your tax breaks!...
- SERVICE TAX ON DUE BASIS RULE NOW APPLICABLE FROM ...
- 958 lakh Pan-341 lakh returns why say CAG report.
- Clarifications changes in Central Excise & Customs...
- Finance Minister’s Reply on the Finance Bill 2011-...
- Finance terms Meaning starts from D
- Finance terms Meaning starts from C
- Finance terms Meaning starts from B
- DA Hike by 6% for employees, pensioners
- FM announces relief for readymade garment sector
- Health service service tax rolled back ,Excise on ...
- GST Constitution Amendment Bill, 2011 introduced i...
- High-value spends/transaction must be show in Inco...
- Financial Terms Meanings starts with A
- Tax saving v/s TAX PLANNING
- EPF 9.5% RATE NOTIFIED FOR FY 2010-11
- IND Vs AUS OR IND Vs SRI Q/F LIKELY SCENARIO
- Determination of Time & Rate in Service Tax (Point...
- E TDS FVU 3.1 REGULAR FVU 2.130 CORRECTION RELESED...
- Acceptance of e-TDS/TCS statements in Pen Drive
- 9.5% epf interest rate approved by Finance ministr...
- Government Small Savings Schemes at a Glance & Cha...
- Difference between 2G and 3G
- RBI HIKES REPO, REVERSE REPO BY 25 BASIS POINTS
- Right tax-saving product-different answer for diff...
- Companies Name Availability Rules Amended
- LABOUR MINISTRY FAVOURS PARTIAL WITHDRAWAL FROM EP...
- changes in CENVAT Credit Rules, 2004 in Budget 201...
- NA JANE KAB AYEGA 'HAPPY MEN'S DAY"
- know security features of 1000 rupee note
- GOVT MAY ROLL BACK SOME BUDGET LEVIES
- Process of incorporation of Companies simplified
- Service Tax on Goods Transport OperatorsUps and Do...
- Service tax on Health services may be rolled back
- TERM PLANS SCORE OVER ULIPS AGAIN
- Taking Insurance Policy check DTC(direct tax code)...
- Expansion of scope of Legal Consultancy Service
- Pay service tax for Health services!!!
- New Simple ITR form ‘Sugam’ to be introduced for s...
- New levy on utensils: options with trade
- Interest Rate Increased for late payment of Servic...
- Private PF trusts allowed one more year for licenc...
- Vat rate on declared Good to go up 5 percent fr...
- Minimum Alternate Tax (MAT) and Dividend Distribut...
- NEW PENSION SCHEME ADDITL DED FOR EMPLOYEE /EMPLOY...
- Rationalisation of Tax on Income distributed to un...
- Taxation of certain foreign dividends at a reduced...
- SERVICE TAX NOW PAYABLE ON DUE INVOICE PAYMENT BAS...
- AMENDMENT EXPANSION OF EXISTING SERVICE UNDER SERV...
- NEW SERVICES UNDER SERVICE TAX NET :BUDGET 2011
- LLP’S ARE NOW SUBJECT TO ALTERNATE MINIMUM TAX (AM...
- LIST OF 130 NEW ITEMS UNDER 1 PERCENT EXCISE :BUDG...
- No Income tax return for salaried less than 500000...
- Excise custom service tax proposals in budget 2011...
- ▼ March 2011 (57)
- ► 2010 (406)
- ► 2009 (127)
- ► 2008 (90)