- Name shown on pan card may some times different then recorded in the pan data base due to abbreviation used in the pan card.So don't rely on Pan name given on pan card.
- If you are individual then Look at the fifth digit of the pan and reconcile it with your name detail fifth letter is representing surname. suppose your pan name is rajan kumar gupta. and your pan 5th digit is 'G' then put gupta in to sur name
- but if 5th digit of the pan is 'k' then put kumar gupta in the surname column and if 5th digit is "R" then put rajan kumar gupta in the surname so fifth digit is important of the pan.
- If you are registering pan other then individual then put whole name in surname column and leave blank first name and middle name .
- If you are not able to get it right then Find First name,surname,middle name one by one. Put tentative names and get error details when one of fields remove from error list then try others.
- Look at forth digit of your pan if it is p then it is allotted to a individual (personal)
- know about forth digit detail from pan structure check here
- Use Hit and trail method ,try each part one by one . Site will point point out which part is incorrect. Suppose First name is incorrect is shown , then it means Middle and surname is ok.So note down the correct part and try to change the only incorrect part.
- Don't think about logic,that how my first name can be surname , it may be feeding mistake or mistake at the time of filing of Pan application by you , forget about the logic and try every thing possible as suggested above . We have already helped More than 10000 person to got register their pan at efiling site.
- DOB is not remember, then mail your detail to email@example.com and reply will be received in one- two days.
- Date of Birth problem in case of HUF:In some cases of HUF registeration on pan dob is written as "ancestral" in this case what should be dob? in this case use default date as 01/01/0001 ,yes ,use this date and u will be able to register on e filling portal .if this is not worked then try to use 01/01/2001.
- If you are not able to register even after applying all the trick and wanted to e file your return then you can file return through e intermediatry .No need to register at efiling site of income Tax department .ITR-V will be sent to you through mail.
- Correct Father's name as per pan data base is not mandatory for registration so Put father's name as per actual.
- For password reset and link activation, please send login credentials to firstname.lastname@example.org . Mails pertaining to these subjects will not be entertained at any other mail id. See details about How to reset password at www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in here
- Check your PAN AO code , Ward circle range complete Jurisdiction Detail
- Please Note that to register at Income Tax India E filing site You must use Internet explorer or Firefox mozila ,Google chrome is not compatible .However after Registration Chrome is also working Fine.
How To e file Your income Tax return for Assessment year 2012-13 has been described in detail at here.
Who can file Sahaj and who Can not file Sahaj is Given here in detail.
Income Tax Return filing mandatory if your Individual/HUF income is more than 10 Lakh in Fy 2011-12.So you have e File your return Read notification .However he may file with or without digital signature.
So if your Income is more than 10 Lakh then you have to e file you income tax return and you can not submit income tax return on paper Form.
Before filing of Income Tax return you should check your Tax deducted deposited and collected through Form 26AS. How to check Form 26AS in three ways is available here