Where revision of return is not required or not advisable (our views not Govt views)
- You have negligible Tax refund but Bank account is Incorrect .
- You have negligible Tax refund but Bank MICR code is Incorrect .
- You have filled incorrect Ward/Circle Number: ward circle number in efiling is not mandatory.
- You have wrongly selected Govt employee category but you are psu employee: There are certain benefit available to Govt employee in taxability of perquisites /salary benefits . So no need to revise return .however on the reveres ,if you are Govt employee and wrongly selected PSU or others, then you must revise retrun.
- You have forget to enter 80C amount invested ,though already entered amount is more than 1,00,000.
- You have forget to enter 80C or other deduction but this have no effect on tax due as income is less than exemption limit .
- Minor error in address ,though no refund due.
- Minor error in fathers name .
- Forget to enter exempted income in sr no.26 for reporting purpose or entered less amount.
- Entered incorrect date /Place in verification date.
- Forgot to enter Unique TDS certificate number (this is not mandatory) Sr number 24(4) in itr-1
- Error in name of the deductor[ sr no 23(3) & 24(3)] though TAN is correct [ sr no 23(2) & 24(2)]
- Email address/mobile incorrect.
- Pan Number or name is incorrect .
- Sex Male /female incorrect .
- residential status incorrect.
- In case of revised return original acknowledgement number incorrect .
- Income detail incorrect .
- Tan Number incorrect
- TDS details amount incorrect.
- Forget to enter saving which effects Tax liability .
- Incorrect bank details /Micr code where refund involved .
- Forgot to enter /entered incorrectly the advance tax and self assessment tax deposit details.
Should I Send old ITR-V to Bengluru office
Yes , You must send ITR-V of Old return (original return ) as well as of revised return to CPC office.
I Have noticed an error in ITR-V (income detailed is not entered correctly) ,should I withhold this ITR V and file fresh Income tax return through e filing ?
Do not withhold original ITR_V , Revise return is valid only if you send your orginal itr-V also. so send both the ITR-V.