ST3 returns for the past half-yearly return filing periods up to March, 2012 can also be filed both through offline and online versions. Please do not wait till the last moment and file your return now to avoid congestion and inconvenience. Assessees can also take the help of the Certified Filing Centres ( CFCs) for filing returns.
Modified version of the Service Tax Return (ST3) for the quarter Apr-Jun,2012 is available for uploading to ACES .It is available in link given below offline version only and not online version. In view of the implementation of the Negative List concept in Service Tax with effect from 1st July, 2012, the return filing cycle of six months (April-September, 2012) has been split
(For Filing ST-3 returns for the period upto Oct-Mar 2011)
(For Filing ST-3 returns for the Quarter April-June 2012)
There are few Pre-requisites / Pre-conditions for the Assessee before he begins with Excel Utility:
- The system should have Microsoft Office Excel 2003 or above
- The system should have file compression software to unzip excel utility file
- Ensure that the latest Excel Utility has been downloaded
- Ensure that the Macros are enabled in the Excel
- Ensure that the System Date is correct
- Once utility is saved onto the computer as described above, open the utility and refer the detailed Instructions Sheet embedded within the utility before using the same.
- Use the excel utility to prepare ST3 return and click on Validate & Submit button on the last page to generate XML file. The XML file will be saved in the same folder where the download utility is saved by the Assessee.
In ST-3 Offline Utility when I enter premises code, an error appears ?Premises code Number accepts only 10 digits alphanumeric characters?. Please help.
RET---> Fill ST-3 --> Fill (Check premises code here).