Following are some useful information to adhere before submitting Corrections, with special reference to C3 & C9 as communicated by TDSCPC:
What are C3 & C9 Corrections?
- C3 Correction involves Updation or Addition of Deductee details in the TDS statement. The facility to delete Deductee records has now been discontinued for the purpose of correct reporting and is no longer permissible in the TDS statements. Accordingly, the delete option available under "Updation mode for Deductee" has been removed from RPU 3.8.
- Revision of TDS Statement by way of Adding a new Challan and underlying Deductees is referred to as C9 Correction.
Important points to adhere while submitting Corrections:
- Correct and Complete Reporting: It is very important to report correct and valid particulars (TAN of the deductor, Category (Government / Non-Government) of the deductor, PAN of the deductees and other particulars of deduction of tax) in the TDS statement. Please ensure that records are corrected for all deductees reported in the corrections to avoid multiple submissions.
- Addition of new deductee rows and thereby, challans is not encouraged by CPC (TDS), except for inadvertent errors. Please ensure that complete data is reported in the first instance, while quarterly TDS Statement is submitted.
- Validate PAN and name of fresh deductees from TRACES before quoting it in correction statement. Download PAN Masterfrom TRACES and use the same to file new statement to avoid quoting of incorrect and invalid PAN
- TDS statement cannot be filed without quoting any valid challan and deductee row
- Quote correct and valid lower rate TDS certificate in TDS statement wherever the TDS has been deducted at lower / zero rate on the basis of certificate issued by the Assessing Officer
- Download the Justification Report to know the details of TDS defaults, if any, on processing of TDS statements and submit corrections accordingly
- File correction statements promptly in case of incomplete and incorrect reporting. Please use the new version 3.8 of the Return Preparation Utility (RPU) and version 4.1 & 2.137 of the File Validation Utility (FVU) released by NSDL.
Please ensure that data for all deductees reported in TDS Statements are duly corrected which will help the deductees in claiming correct TDS Credits, besides generating correct TDS Certificates.