The Minister of Railways Shri Mallikarjun Kharge launched SMS based ticketing system at a function here today. While addressing a gatherin...
The Minister of Railways Shri Mallikarjun Kharge launched SMS based ticketing system at a function here today. While addressing a gathering on the occasion, Shri Kharge said that this user-friendly service which will be effective from today i.e 28th June 2013, is being introduced in order to further improve the customer convenience and empower the common man who does not have access to internet and cannot afford to buy smart phones. He said that since the mobile penetration in India has increased rapidly and more than 80 per cent people have mobile phones, this new system will be helpful in enabling booking of tickets by masses themselves. Ticket booking through non-internet based mobile, introduced as a pilot project by Indian Railways Catering & Tourism Corporation (IRCTC), a Public Sector Undertaking of the Ministry of Railways, will also help Railways in overcoming the menace of touting whereby unsuspecting people are fleeced by such elements. This will particularly be useful for labourers and workers staying away from their home and who have to book tickets for travel to their native place, the Minister added.
The key features of ticket booking on mobile:
· Ticket can be booked within minutes;
· basic mobile phones are sufficient; no internet connection is required;
· The user will get ticket details on SMS instantly.
· SMS along with valid ID in original can be used for travel, no printout is required.
Book your ticket through USSD:
USSD (Unstructured Supplementary Service Data) based booking for Airtel subscribers*
• Register for Airtel money by dialing *400#.
• Load cash on this or recharge from any Airtel money outlet.
• Dial *400# and select book tickets option.
• Select Reservation.
• Enter your IRCTC User ID.
• Enter the details of ticket (station, train no. date of journey, class etc.).
• Enter mPIN for authorizing payment.
• Booking confirmation SMS is sent by IRCTC and same can be used during journey along with valid ID proof.
• Fare & IRCTC service charges are debited from your Airtel money account.
• Charges: No PG Charges.
• Agent / IRCTC Service Charges: As applicable
Helpline No.: 121
Helpline Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Book your ticket through SMS:
1. SMS based booking through 139*
• Register your mobile number with IRCTC as well as with your bank.
• Bank provides MMID (Mobile Money Identifier) & OTP (one time password) for authorization of payment. (More than 25 banks are providing this facility. For details, visit website: http://www.npci.org.in/bankmember.aspx.)
• Send SMS, in the following syntax, to 139
BOOK <TrainNo><FromStn.Code><ToStn.Code> <TravelDate (DDMM)><Class><Passenger-Name><Age><M/F>
• You will receive Transaction ID alongwith other details.
• Make payment through sending an SMS, in the following syntax, to 139
PAY <Transaction ID as received><IMPS><Your MMID as received from the bank><OTP, your one time password received for this transaction><IRCTCUserID> and your ticket is booked.
• Service is available to all mobile subscribers.
• SMSes @ Rs 3/- per SMS (2 SMSes are required for each booking).
• PG charges Rs 5/- for ticket amount <Rs 5000/ and Rs 10/- for ticket amount > Rs 5000/- (as applicable by bank).
• Agent / IRCTC Service Charges: As applicable
Helpline No.: 139
Helpline Email : email@example.com
2. SMS based booking through 5676714*
• Register your mobile number with IRCTC as well as with m-wallet (http://www.zipcash.in/user/nlogin.aspx)
• Send SMS, to 5676717, in the following syntax START <irctc user Id> for user authentication (first time only)
• Send an SMS to 5676714 to book a ticket in the following syntax:
BOOK<From stn.code>,<to stn.code>, <DDMMYY>, <Trainno>,<Class>,
• You will receive the Transaction number.
• Send the 2nd SMS, for payment, in the following syntax.
1. “PAY <transaction no>, MPAY, <m-PIN>” for authorizing payment through MPAY
2. “PAY <mobileno>,<mmid>,<amount>, <transaction Id>,<OTP>” for authorizing payment through IMPS.
• After payment is made booking confirmation is sent to your mobile.
• Charges: No PG Charges. Agent / IRCTC Service Charges: As applicable. SMSes @ Rs 3/- per SMS (2 SMSes are required for each booking).
Helpline No. : 8882001001
Helpline Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
3. SMS based booking through BSNL*
User should have the following:
1. BSNL SIM card installed.
2. Java enabled mobile phone.
3. Andhra Bank Prepaid card.
This is a menu driven application where user has to enter the details asked for in simple step-by-step process to get the ticket.
• Install the application.
• Select the Register option to get the mPIN.
• Click the icon BSNL Prepaid Card
• Select Ticketing > Train (IRCTC)
• Fill up the journey details such as From stn, To Stn, Train No, DOJ, Class, Quota, passenger details.
• Enter the mPIN to get the ticket information.
• Charges: No PG Charges. Agent / IRCTC Service Charges: As applicable. SMSes without charges.
Helpline No. : +91-8801298038Helpline Email : email@example.com
HOW TO GET MMID ,BANK WISE LINK IS AVAILABLE HERE