In exercise of the powers conferred by Section 8-A of the Punjab Value Added Tax Act, 2005 (Punjab Act No. 8 of 2005), and all powers ...
In exercise of the powers conferred by Section 8-A of the Punjab Value Added Tax Act, 2005 (Punjab Act No. 8 of 2005), and all powers enabling him in this behalf, the Governor of Punjab is pleased to notify the following scheme to be called the Punjab Small Traders Rahat Scheme, 2014 with a view to levy lump sum tax with immediate effect on the traders mentioned in the said scheme and subject to the conditioned as specified therein.
1. Eligibility to avail benefits under the Scheme. – Any person, who fulfils the following conditions, shall be eligible to avail benefits under this scheme:
(a) he is a retailer; and
(b) he does not conduct any business in any Corporation or Class-1 municipal town; and
(c) his taxable turnover (excluding the turnover of the goods covered under single stage taxation) is less than rupees one crore in a financial year; and
(d) he does not conduct any inter-state sale or purchase.
2. Method of Calculating Tax Liability: The tax liability of a person opting under this
Scheme shall be as per the following table:-
Taxable turnover (excluding the turnover of goods
covered under single stage taxation)
Rs.75 Lakhs –Rs.1 crore
3. Manner of availing benefit under this scheme. - Any person desirous of opting for this scheme/availing the benefits under this scheme shall submit an application as per Annexure ‘A’ to the Designated Officer.
4. Procedure to be followed by the Designated Officer -
(1) The designated officer shall invariably accept the application, unless he has concrete reasons that the acceptance of the application will lead to substantial tax evasion and shall record the reasons in writing for rejecting the application.
(2) After acceptance of the application, the designated officer shall issue a registration certificate (in format given in Annexure ‘B’) to the applicant.
5. Payment of tax under this Scheme.-
(1) Any person who has opted this Scheme shall pay the tax due in four equal quarterly installments like any taxable person.
(2) If a person opts for this scheme in-between a quarter, then he shall pay the tax on prorata basis.
6. Benefits under the Scheme –
(1) Business premises of any person who has opted under this scheme, shall not be inspected without prior permission of the Excise and Taxation Commissioner.
(2) Assessment of any person who has opted this scheme, shall not be taken up without the prior permission of the Excise and Taxation Commissioner.
(3) If the premises of any dealer has opted this scheme are inspected by any officer of the Department without taking prior permission from the Excise and Taxation Commissioner, in such a case, the dealer may lodge a complaint at a helpline number or e-mail ID specified by the Department for this purpose. The complaint lodged by the dealer shall be promptly looked into and final decision in the matter shall be taken by the Excise and Taxation Commissioner.
7. General Conditions of the Scheme –
(1) Any dealer who has opted under this scheme will not be entitled for any input tax credit.
(2) Any dealer who has opted this scheme will not be entitled to issue any VAT invoice.
(3) Any input tax credit available with the dealer on the date he who has opted this scheme, will automatically be reduced to zero.
(4) If it is found that any person who has opted this scheme has evaded the tax fraudulently or by misrepresentation of facts, he will be proceeded under the provisions of the Punjab Value Added Tax Act as applicable to a taxable person. Decision to proceed in this manner shall be taken at the level of the Excise and Taxation Commissioner.
(5) If a dealer having VAT/TOT number opts this scheme then his VAT/TOT Number shall stand cancelled automatically with effect from the day he opts the said scheme.
RAHAT SCHEME, 2014.
The Designated Officer,
I, son/daughter of ,Proprietor/Partner/Managing Director/Karta/ Chairman or any other duly authorised person of M/S
Regd. No. , Address
submit that my total Turnover for the year is Rs._ (excluding the turnover of the goods covered under single stage taxation).
2. It is submitted that I am liable to pay Rs. as tax on turnover.
3. I hereby undertake to pay this self assessed tax due under this scheme.
4. I, solemnly, declare that the information given by me is true to best of my knowledge, belief and records.
Name: M/S TIN No.
Subject:- Registration under Punjab Small Traders Rahat Scheme,
1. Your application under the above Scheme has been accepted. You shall be eligible for all the benefits available under the Scheme and shall be also bound by the terms and conditions of the Scheme.
2. Your Rahat Certificate Number is
CODE/WARD NO/RAHAT/Alpha Numeric 4 Digit Number).
3. If your premises are inspected by any officer of the Department without the prior permission of ETC, you may lodge a complaint at a helpline number
or e-mail ID .
(Signature of Designated Officer)
Financial Commissioner Taxation and Secretary to Government of Punjab, Department of Excise and Taxation.
Download complete Punjab Small Traders Rahat Scheme, 2014 with list of eligible towns.