Income Tax department has started the e filing of income tax return (ITR) forms for the assessment year 2014-15 by releasing the two incom...
Income Tax department has started the e filing of income tax return (ITR) forms for the assessment year 2014-15 by releasing the two income tax return Utilities (java based ) .Further assessee can prepare return offline and upload return on filing portal.
So at present following different method of e filing are available.
- Prepare ITR through Java Based utility and upload XML at Income Tax India e filing site.
- Prepare ITR through Java Based utility and upload XML through utility itself without going to income tax website.
- Prepare and submit ITR on-line at income tax e filing site.
- Prepare return through online portal and submit without login at Income tax website ,no login password required in this case.
so methods are various but in each method you should make sure that you have matched the form 26AS with the tax details of tax paid /deducted is matched with your e filing data and we should prefer pre filed income tax form /automatic population of tds /tax paid data in Income tax return so that no mismatch arises at later stage.
You may check following for easy under standing of the Issue.
New Java based utilities are very user friendly .No need to visit Income tax website and you can file return directly through these utilities.
How to use this ITR Form?
These ITR Forms are developed using the latest in JAVA technology and effort has been made to make it user friendly, simpler and faster preparation of tax returns. This utility can be run on operating systems like Windows 7.0 or above and latest Linux, where Java Runtime Environment Version 7 Update 6 (jre 1.7 is also known as jre version 7) or above is installed.
i.Please make sure you have the latest version of the utility before you start filling the information into the utility.
ii. Please make sure you're connected to the internet for submission of the ITR Form.
The following are features available in the ITR Form.
1. New - On click of this button, a new copy of the ITR form will be available. If you have already opened the ITR form, you will be prompted to save the earlier copy.
2. Open -This option is for importing the XML (successfully generated earlier) of a particular A.Y. Select the path and import the XML. You should check/validate the contents before finalizing upload/submission.
3. Save - You can save your completed XML in the desired path/location of your desktop.
4. Save Draft - This option can be used to save your XML. Please note you cannot upload an XML which was saved using the ‘Save draft’ option. Only a complete XML generated using the ‘Save’ option can be uploaded successfully.
5. Prefill -This option can be used to auto-fill your Personal, Address and Tax details. You will be prompted to provide your User ID, Password and DOB/DOI to fetch the data. It is advisable to complete this activity before you start entering other data. Please check/validate the contents.
Please make sure you're connected to the internet to avail this feature.
6. Re-Calculate - On clicking this button, the data in the utility will be re-calculated. This is to provide with the utility based calculation/validation.
7. Submit -Click this button to upload the XML in e-Filing portal. You'll be prompted to provide your e-Filing credentials, User ID, Password and DOB/DOI. Post submission, the success message and the acknowledgement number will be displayed. You will be able to download ITR-V. Please make sure you're connected to the internet to avail this feature. (if the return is submitted without a DSC) as well.
8. Help - This option will let you know the short keys, instructions, settings and how to use this ITR form.
9. Previous/Next- These will help you to navigate to the various tabs of the ITR form.
1 Alt + N Opens a new ITR
2 Alt + S Saves the ITR in the user desired path
3 Alt + F4 Closes the utility
4 Alt + I Imports the XML file
5 Alt + F Pre-fills the ITR
6 Alt + C Clears the validation errors
7 Alt + D Hides/Shows the validation window
8 Alt + G Opens the SUBMIT screen to submit the ITR
9 Alt + R Re-calculates the tax details as per the Utility
Settings :Following are the recommended settings to use the ITR Utility :
- Java Runtime Environment Version 7 Update 6 (jre 1.7 is also known as jre version 7) or above
- Any Zip Software to unzip the utility
- Internet Connection: Minimum bandwidth of 256 kbps and above
Download Java Based Income Tax return form for Assessment year 2014-15
Download Income Tax return form for Assessment year 2014-15(PDF)