In following are the changes to be effective from 25th June 2014 (i.e. w.e.f. 0000 hours of 25th June 2014).
- A flat 5% increase in freight rates and an additional increase of 1.4% on account of FAC (Fuel adjustment Component) which was due since April 2014. The overall increase in freight rates will be 6.5% approx .for major commodities.
- Withdrawal of short lead concession in charging of freight for all traffic booked upto 100 kms. Minimum distance for charge has been increased from existing 100 kms to 125 kms.
- The number of Low Rated Classes have been reduced from 4 to 3. Certain concessions in case of some of these commodities has also been withdrawn.
- A flat 10% increase in all classes. There will be no increase upto minimum distance for charge. In addition there will be an increase of 4.2% in fares on account of FAC which is due from April 2014.
- MST pass rates doubled :Second Class Monthly Season Ticket (MST) fares of Suburban and Non-suburban shall be charged on the basis of 30 single journeys instead of approximately 15 single journeys. Fares of First Class Monthly Season Tickets will be charged @ 4 times the Second Class Monthly Season Tickets (MST) Fares as is done presently. Revised fare shall also be applicable as per the existing method of computation on Quarterly Season Tickets (QST), Half Yearly Season Tickets (HST) and Yearly Season Tickets (YST), etc. these revisions have been shown in the Season Ticket Fare Tables.
- There shall be no change in charges for reservation fee, superfast surcharge etc. Such charges, wherever applicable, shall continue to be levied additionally as per existing instructions.
- Service tax will continue to be levied as applicable as per instructions issued in this regard.
- The revised fares will also apply to tickets issued in advance for journeys to commence on or after 25.06.2014.
- In the case of tickets already issued at pre-revised rates, the difference in fares and other charges on or after 25.06.2014 will be recovered either by TTEs on the trains or by the Booking/Reservation Offices before the commencement of journey by passengers.