TIN-NSDL has released a Newer versions of File validation utility which is effective from 28.09.2015.
Key features of new version of RPU and FVU are as given below:-
a. Change in validation for section 192A transactions: Changes in the validation are:
- i. In addition to Form no. 26Q, this section will also be applicable for Form no. 27Q where the date of payment to deductee is on or after 01/06/2015.
- ii. Further, the code i.e. the value to be quoted in TDS/TCS statement for the said section has been changed from “92D” to “2AA”.
- iii. Aforementioned validation will apply to regular and correction TDS Statement(s).
b. Increase in the limit for “Total taxable income” in Salary details (i.e. Annexure II): The existing limit of taxable income to be quoted in field “Total taxable income” (i.e. field no. 23 of salary details) of 99 crores (i.e. 999999999.00) has been increased to 999 crores (i.e. 9999999999.00). This changes will apply to regular and Correction Statement(s).
c. Discontinuation of C9 Correction Statements: As directed by Income Tax Department (ITD), C9 correction i.e. addition of new Challans/ Transfer voucher in Correction Statement(s) has been discontinued.
d. Disabling nature of remittance (applicable only in case of Form no. 27Q): As directed by ITD, below mentioned nature of remittances has been disabled for Regular and Correction Statement(s) (add and update of deductee records.
- i. Commission (Code 11)
- ii. Payments to sports person & artists (Code 37)
- iii. Winning from horse races (Code 63)
- iv. Winning from lotteries, crossword puzzles, card games and other games of any sort (Code 64)
You can not add new challan through correction statement
The most important change is that now you can add new challan through correction statement. (C above).
Suppose : You have forget to deduct a tds from a Ram in Q2-2015-16 and file the tds return without this amount later on you found the Mistake and deduct and deposit the amount .In this case you have to file a correction statement in which new challan is to be added and new deductee is to be added.But from 28.09.2015 you will not be able to add challan through correction statement.
Then what to do ? How to add new challan in TDS statement through correction?
In case you wish to add Challans/ transfer voucher vide correction statement, follow the procedure as below:
- i. Login to CPC-TDS website (TRACES) and add the challans/ transfer voucher.
- ii. Add the challans/ transfer voucher through online correction feature
Check this PPT how you can make correction online at TRACES .
After online addition of challan then download the consolidated file after processing of correction. Challan will be shown in downloaded consolidated file .Add deductee in corresponding challan.
- iii. In case corresponding deductee/ collectee is to be added for challan/ transfer voucher, request for the consolidated TDS/TCS file.
- iv. Import the consolidated TDS/TCS file in your TDS/TCS Return Preparation Utility (RPU) and the corresponding deductee/ collectee records.
Online correction facility is also required in the cases if you have deposited Interest on late deposit or late filing fees after the filing of original Etds return.
Due date for filing Quarterly TDS/TCS statement for Q2 of FY 2015-16 is fast approaching. Do submit the quarterly TDS/TCS statement on or before due dates (as mentioned below) to avoid late filing fee under section 234E of Income Tax Act.
Due Date for Government Deductors/Collectors
Due Date for Other Deductors/Collectors
Quarter 2 of FY 2015-16 (July to September)
31st October 2015
15th October 2015
You may download Free ETDS return preparation software from here :RPU 1.3