The CGST rates on certain goods have undergone changes since the introduction of GST. The rate changes are given effect through amending n...
The CGST rates on certain goods have undergone changes since the introduction of GST. The rate changes are given effect through amending notifications issued from time to time. A need has been felt to publish a consolidated rate schedule in a single document for ease of reference. Accordingly, this document has been prepared indicating updated CGST rates as on 15.11.2017. This document is only for ease of reference and relevant notifications will only have legal authority.
GST Council in its 23rd meeting has made sweeping changes to the present framework of GST, allowing taxpayers and small businesses to breathe easy. Importantly, the highest GST tax slab was slashed to retain only 50 items at 28% tax bracket. Effective from November 15, 2017, as many as around 233 items from chocolates, detergents to granite and marble will become cheaper - 177 items moving from 28% to 18%, 2 items from 28% to 12% and around other 54 items also moving to lower tax brackets. As per government algorithm, these measures are expected to cost the exchequer around Rs. 20,000 crore.
UPDATED CGST RATES SCHEDULES FOR GOODS AS ON 15.11.2017
How to use : In this schedule rates given for Central GST (CGST),however as you may know that we have to apply same rate under State GST (SGST) also .So where ever rate 2.5% is mentioned in this chart the total GST rate after adding same rate for SGST 2.5 % will be 5% ,In case of 6% total GST rate is 12 % and same rule is applicable for all other rates .