Investing in the stock market requires certain skills as well as in-depth knowledge of the market conditions. Though market returns may look enticing, lack of skill or understanding keeps many investors away from it. It is for this reason that the investors are on the lookout for alternative ways to invest.
Over the years, Mutual Funds have emerged as a preferred route of investing in the stock market. Here an expert invests in the market on your behalf, saving you the trouble of keeping yourself constantly updated the sector and macro-economic conditions. However, the sheer number of Mutual Fund schemes available in the market makes it hard for investors to decide and select the right one(s) matching their investment objectives. Further, post investing, investors find it difficult to properly review and rebalance their portfolio.
To help investors in doing these, ICICI direct has come with a solution called One Click Investment. Through this one can invest in ready-made baskets of mutual fund schemes. These baskets have been created by ICICI direct’s research with top-performing mutual fund schemes, consisting of 100% Equity to 100% Debt.
The baskets are as follows:
1. Maximiser: It is a 100% equity based portfolio, hence ideal for investors who look to invest for long term (5-10 years).
2. Builder: It is ideal for those who seek the upside of equity with relatively lower volatility in returns. This portfolio leans towards equity while offering a cushion of debt.
3. 50-Fify: A portfolio that provides stability and growth by investing 50% each in equity and debt.
4. Stable: This is perfect for those, who seek FD plus returns, with marginally higher risk. It has a higher allocation of debt schemes with limited participation in equity.
5. Secure: This is ideal for an investor who seeks stability in returns and doesn't want to invest in equities. It invests in quality corporate bonds and shorter-term debt instruments.
6. Tax Saving: Under this portfolio, the investment will be made in Mutual fund schemes which are eligible for deduction under 80C of the Income Tax act. This type of Mutual fund scheme is also popularly known as ELSS (Equity-Linked Saving Scheme).
ICICI direct’s One-Click Investment baskets have been designed to ‘PACE’ your Investments; where P stands for Performance, A for Analysis, C for Customisation and E for Ease.
Further, the performance of schemes under these baskets will be periodically reviewed by ICICI direct’s Research and timely actionable (change of scheme recommendation from Buy to Sell) will be provided to investors. Also, the platform (www.icicidirect.com) allows investors to define their goals (e.g. retirement, child’s education, overseas holidays, etc.) for each fresh investment in a basket and allows them to track the performance of each such goal separately.
You can invest in One Click Investment Baskets through SIP and/or Lump Sum at no additional charges. To invest in these baskets, you must have an account with ICICI Direct.
In our view, one should choose this route as you will get the option to invest in best performing mutual fund schemes selected by experts in just One Click, track your goal-based investments separately and get periodic recommendations from experts helping you in reviewing your investments.
Please note that Mutual Fund Investments are subject to market risks, read all scheme related documents carefully.