Centre notifies the Consumer Protection (Direct Selling) Rules, 2021. Highlights of the same are given as under Existing Direct Selling enti...
Centre notifies the Consumer Protection (Direct Selling) Rules, 2021. Highlights of the same are given as under
- Existing Direct Selling entities to comply these rules within ninety days.
- Both Direct sellers, as well as the direct selling entities using e-commerce platforms for sale, shall comply with the requirements of the Consumer Protection (e-Commerce) Rules, 2020.
- Both Direct selling entity and direct sellers are prohibited from promoting Pyramid Scheme or money circulation scheme.
- State Government to set up a mechanism to monitor or supervise the activities of direct sellers and direct selling entity.
- Well laid down duties and obligations for both direct selling entities and direct sellers to safeguard the interests of consumers.
- Direct selling entities to be liable for the grievances arising out of the sale of goods or services by its direct sellers.