- Who is an Indian Citizen
- Has gone out of India or stays outside India, in either case
- for or on taking up employment outside India
- for carrying on a business or vocation outside India, or
- for any other purpose, in such circumstances as would indicate an intention to stay outside India for an uncertain period.
- he at any time has held an Indian passport
- he or either of his parents or any of his grandparents were any time citizen(s) of India by virtue of the Constitution of India or the Citizenship Act
- the person is a spouse of an Indian citizen or a person referred to above.
Note :Govt has merged OCI and PIO status and now you may have only OCI card
- (a) Basic test of physical presence in India
- The individual must have lived in India during the preceding financial year (April to March) for more than 182 days
- (b) Additional tests indicating purpose
- In addition to the basic test, the individual must be living in India for either of the following purposes:
- For or on taking up employment in India
- For carrying on a business or a vocation in India
- For any other purpose.
|No Hidden charges,Flat monthly fee,Zero account opening charges|