- Indian citizens will have to submit their ‘Application for allotment of new PAN’ in revised Form 49A only.
- Foreign citizens will have to submit their ‘Application for allotment of new PAN’ in newly notified Form 49AA only.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR FILLING REQUEST FOR NEW PAN CARD OR/AND CHANGES OR CORRECTION IN PAN DATA
- Form to be filled legibly in BLOCK LETTERS and preferably in BLACK INK. Form should be filled in English only
- Mention 10 digit PAN correctly.
- Each box, wherever provided, should contain only one character (alphabet /number / punctuation sign) leaving a blank box after each word.
- 'Individual' applicants should affix two recent colour photographs with white background (size 3.5 cm x 2.5 cm) in the space provided on the form. The photographs should not be stapled or clipped to the form. The clarity of image on PAN card will depend on the quality and clarity of photograph affixed on the form.
- Signature / Left hand thumb impression should be provided across the photo affixed on the left side of the form in such a manner that portion of signature/impression is on photo as well as on form.
- Signature /Left hand thumb impression should be within the box provided on the right side of the form. The signature should not be on the photograph affixed on right side of the form. If there is any mark on this photograph such that it hinders the clear visibility of the face of the applicant, the application will not be accepted.
- Thumb impression, if used, should be attested by a Magistrate or a Notary Public or a Gazetted Officer under official seal and stamp.
- For issue of new PAN card without any changes- In case you have a PAN but no PAN card and wish to get a PAN card, fill all column of the form but do not tick any of the boxes on the left margin. In case of loss of PAN card, a copy of FIR may be submitted along with the form.
- For changes or correction in PAN data, fill all column of the form and tick box on the left margin of appropriate row where change/correction is required.
- Having or using more than one PAN is illegal. If you possess more than one PAN, kindly fill the details in Item No. 11 of this form and surrender the same.
Download New 49A and 49AA in PDF alongwith changes in format for supporting documents
Download PAN application form in EXcel and PDF