The verification must be signed by the authorized person before furnishing the return and the name and designation of the person signing ...
The verification must be signed by the authorized person before furnishing the return and the name and designation of the person signing the return should also be written. Any person making false statement is liable to be prosecuted under section 277 of the Act.
WHO CAN VERIFY AND SIGN THE INCOME TAX RETURN ?
- Individual : The individual filing his Income Tax Return has to sign the return. In case the individual is mentally incapable, then the return may be signed by his Guardian or by any other person competent to act on his behalf. In case the individual is absent from India or because of any other reason he is not able to sign and verify his return of income, then any person duly empowered by him through valid Power of Attorney may sign on his behalf. In such a case, a certified copy of the Power of Attorney must accompany the return.Now one can file income tax return with click of mouse with use of digital signature from any where from the world through Income tax return efiling.
- Hindu Undivided Family : By the Karta or where he is absent from India or is mentally incapacitated from attending to his affairs, by any other adult member of such family.
- Firm : Managing Partner, or where there is no Managing Partner or due to some unavoidable reasons, he is not able to sign and verify the return, by any partner thereof not being a minor.
- Local Authority : By the Principal Officer.
- Association of Persons : By any member of the Association or the Principal Officer thereof.
- Company : In this case by the following :-
- Resident : Managing Director or, where there is no Managing Director or he is not able to sign and verify the return due to any unavoidable reason, by any director thereof.
- Non-Resident : The return may be signed and verified by a person holding a valid Power of Attorney from the Company,which should be attached to the return.
- Wound up/taken over by the Govt. : The return should be signed and verified by the Liquidator or the Principal Officer as the case may be.