TDSCPC website has started a new facility to update declaration for Non filing of TDS statement for deductor. Deductors can update status ...
TDSCPC website has started a new facility to update declaration for Non filing of TDS statement for deductor. Deductors can update status of TDS/TCS statement to non-filing online after login at TDSCPC website.The benefit of this facility is that you need not file NIL tds/tcs return for a particular quarter/period.Just update your status to non filing of return and stay relax.After updating of status ,TDS CPC website server will not sent you notice for non filing of tds return.
We would like to mention here that as per Income Tax rules NIL etds statement is not mandatory .Due to this rules department is not able to find out the difference between two type of deductors.
- Deductors required to file return but not filed
- Dedcuctor not required to file return
After getting updating of status through this facility ,department can get the details of wilful defaulters .
Step by step Guide how you can file NIL TDS return /declaration for Non filing of TDS statement is given below
1. login through your register id at www.tdscppc.gov.in
2. Go to "Statement/Payments TAB after login >then declaration for Non filing of TDS statement(as shown in the picture below)
Message :One More information for all of You that TDSMAN software for etds returns is now available with discount for simpletaxindia readers and further you can also download trail version and file returns free for total 30 entries.
3. On click of declaration for Non filing of TDS statement link you will get screen as shown below.
- Select financial year .At present Financial year 2013-14 is available only.
- Select Quarter.
- Select statement type.
- Select reason for non filing of statement from drop down menu.
Please also note following points
- Fields marked by asterisk (*) are mandatory.
- 'Specify the exact reason' field will be mandatory if user selects 'Any Other Reason' in 'Reason' drop down.
- If deductor has Permanently closed his business, he should contact the Assessing Officer to close his TAN.
- User will not be able to declare a statement for a Financial Year, Quarter and Form Type for Non-Filing for the following cases:
- If user has already declared that statement for Non-Filing
- If user has changed the filing status of that statement from Non-Filing to Filing
- User has to agree to all the declarations before submitting the statement for Declaration for Non-Filing
4. click proceed button after selecting required data ,In next screen you have to give a declaration/certificate as shown in the picture given below.
5.After certificate following message will be shown
Filing Status for the statements selected by you has successfully changed. You will receive the details of the statements for which filing status has changed on your email.
6. Good thing of this facility is that you can change back this status from non-filing and can file return ,if required at later stage or you have wrongly updated status for incorrect period. But change facility is available for only one time for a selected period.To change the status you have to go again through "Statement/Payments TAB after login >then declaration for Non filing of TDS statement.
7.Statement selected earlier as "non-filing can be updated by selecting the statement for a given period and click change filing status ,and in next screen ,you have to reconfirm you request by clicking the proceed button.
8.After adding first statement to non filing status ,next time you will get screen as shown above and you can add other statement to non filing status through add statement link.