Income Tax department has started a new feature of Electronic Verification of Income tax return from assessment year 2015-16,under this op...
Income Tax department has started a new feature of Electronic Verification of Income tax return from assessment year 2015-16,under this option you have to generate a Electronic verification code (EVC) under various method available to generate the EVC.
EVC is a 10 digit alphanumeric code ,which will be send to you through SMS/Email and can be used to verify the Income tax return to be used within 72 hours from generation time.
After verification through EVC , no need to send ITR-V to CPC, Bangalore ,however this scheme is optional and if you are not able to generate the EVC for any reason ,you have option of sending ITR-V through post to CPC, Bangalore.
Method available to generate EVC are
- Generate EVC Directly through E filing site in one click ,However this method can be used only by persons having Income up to Five lakh and having no refund due.
- Generate OTP after Linking Aadhaar card at e filing site.
- Generate EVC through Net banking
- Generate EVC through ATM
In this post we are covering Method 2 ,generate Electronic verification code after Linking Aadhaar card.
Points to be noted
- Aadhaar can be linked only if your PAN name,Date of Birth,Gender is matched with Aadhaar name and date of Birth,Gender .If there is any variations in PAN data and Aadhaar data then Aadhaar number can not be linked.
- OTP(one time password) will be sent on Mobile number linked to your Aadhaar number, if you are not holding the same mobile number then this process is of no use for you.
- OTP(one time password) generated through this method can also be used for return having income more than five lakh and in case of refund returns also.
- E-Verification of Income Tax Return through Electronic Verification Code (EVC) is available from the current assessment year i.e.AY 2015-16 (F.Y. 2014-15). If you are filing belated return of the last previous year then you would have to send ITR-V to CPC, Bangalore within 120 days of filing/uploading of return.
Step 1:Login to incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in website through your PAN and password.
Step 2 : On login a popup may welcome you as under.Fill you Aadhaar number and captcha code and Link now button ,your Aadhaar number will be linked .
Step 3: If you have selected option later then at later stage after login select link Aadhaar linked to PAN
Step-4 : And do the following steps
Linking of Aadhaar card is completed
Step -5 Now upload your Income tax return or Fill data online and click submit
Step-6A On submit you may see following four options
- “I already have an EVC and I would like to Submit EVC”
- “I do not have an EVC and I would like to generate an EVC”
- “I would like to generate Aadhaar OTP to e-Verify my return”
- “I would like to e-Verify later/ I would like to send ITR-V
Step-6 B : If You have already complete the option at 6A and have selected option 4 earlier then you may e verify your return by selecting e-verify option under E file menu ,as shown in the picture below and after that first three option as shown in step 6A will be shown.
Setp-7 Select option 3 ,“I would like to generate Aadhaar OTP to e-Verify my return” and OTP will be send to your Aadhaar Linked mobile number
Read Notification on EVC -----Read All options Available under EVC