ITR E-FILED :2.06 CR PROCESSED :45.18 LAKHS REFUND ISSUED 22.14 LAKHS
Income Tax department has issued a press release in which they have provided the data regarding return e filed ,return processed and refund issued in Fy 2015-16 .Further they have thanks all the taxpayers for e filing return in such a Large numbers.
Have you received your Income Tax refund Ay 2015-15 ?
As given in headline above that 22 lakhs refunds has already been issued but if you are not part of Lucky 22 lakh then please check the following.
- Have to filed the Income Tax return ? if not, you should now , Income Tax refund is issued only after filing of Income Tax return.
- If you have already upload/filled the online return then next point is Have you verified your e filed return ? Return filing process is complete only if you have verified your return .Return e filing is not complete without completing verification process.Verification can be done through three modes
- Through Digital signature :Return can be verified through digital signature but you have spend Rs 500-600 to get a digital signature from the market. However,, If you have filed return with digital signature then no further action is required from your side
- Verification by Sending ITR-V :Second process is download ,print sign ITR-V and send it to CPC ,Bangalore office (address given on ITR-V) within 120 days from uploading of XML file or online submission of ITR form.
- Verification through Electronic verification code(EVC) : The third method is verify you return through EVC mode.EVC can be done at Later stage even if you have not selected this option at the time of uploading of return .This method is recommended in comparison to method no -2 .EVC can be done through three methods.After EVC no need to send ITR-V .As per income tax department press release out of 2.06 lakh returns filed only 38 Lakh have selected this option ,though it is the best option
- Generate EVC Directly through E filing site in one click ,However this method can be used only by persons having Income up to Five lakh and having no refund due.
- Generate OTP after Linking Aadhaar card at e filing site.
- Generate EVC through Net banking
- Generate EVC through ATM (no details available with us)
- If above steps are ok then wait for Intimation of processing of return under section 143(1) of the Income tax act and take action if any required as per details available in such intimation.
If you have any problem regarding return filing or Income tax related any other query then ask in comment section.
Press release By Income Tax Department
It has been the constant endeavor of the Income-tax Department to make compliance simpler for the taxpayer through the use of technology. E-filing of returns, refund banker scheme and the newly introduced e-verification of Income-tax returns for the Assessment year 2015-16 are some of the key initiatives undertaken by the Department for making filing of returns simple and easy for the common taxpayer.
The Income Tax Department would like to acknowledge and thank the taxpayer for the widespread support for its e-Governance initiatives. The taxpayers have come forward in greater numbers for e-filing of returns in the current year.
Return Filed in Fy 15-16 is 2.06 Crore
In the Financial Year (F.Y.) 2015-16, the Department has received 2.06 crore returns on the e-filing portal as on 07.09.2015 which is an increase of 26.12% over the corresponding period of the preceding the F.Y. 2014-15, when 1.63 crore returns were e-filed.
Peak rate of Filing Per Minute is 3475 returns per Minute
The peak filing rate in the F.Y. 2015-16 touched 3,475 returns per minute as compared to 2,901 returns per minute in the F.Y. 2014-15.
33 Lakh Used EVC to verify their ITR
To facilitate the taxpayers by providing end-to-end e-enabled services and reduce compliance burden, the Department offered the facility of electronic verification of Income Tax Return for the A.Y. 2015-16 through an electronic verification code (EVC). In the short period since its introduction, 32.95 lakh e-returns have been verified through EVC. Use of EVC has dramatically reduced the time taken for processing of e-filed returns for the A.Y. 2015-16. As on 07.09.2015
45.18 lakh returns processed 22.14 refund Issued
Central Processing Centre had processed 45.18 lakh returns relating to the A.Y. 2015-16 and issued refunds to 22.14 lakh taxpayers who had claimed refunds for the A.Y.2015-16. The Department remains committed to improving taxpayer services through enhanced use and further improvement in technologies.