Major decisions taken in the review meeting of Central Government on 24.11.2016 on demonetisation of Rs 1000 and Rs 500 Notes.Changes made today
- No Exchange Rs 500/Rs 1000 notes from 24.11.2016(midnight) .
- Rs 1000/- note can not be used at any other place .Only option left with you is to deposit Rs 1000/- note in bank/post office account .
- However you can still use old Rs 500 Note at 20 places as per list till 15.12.2016.
- (a) Payments for the transactions under all the exempted categories will now be accepted only through old Rs. 500 notes;
- (b) Payment of School fees up to Rs. 2000 per student in Central Government, State Government, Municipality and local body schools;
- (c) Payment of fees in Central or State Government colleges;
- (d) Payments towards pre paid mobile top-up to a limit of Rs. 500 per top-up;
- (e) Purchase from Consumer Cooperative Stores will be limited to Rs. 5000 at a time;
- (f) Payment of current and arrear dues to utilities will be limited to only water and electricity. This facility will continue to be available only for individuals and households;
- (g) Considering that the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways have continued the toll free arrangement at the toll plazas up to 2.12.2016, it has been decided that toll payment at these toll plazas may be made through old Rs. 500 notes from 3.12.2016 to 15.12.2016.
- (h) Foreign citizens will be permitted to exchange foreign currency up to Rs. 5000 per week. Necessary entry to this effect will be made in their passports. (Necessary instructions in this regard will be issued by the RBI.)
- (1) for making payments in Government hospitals for medical treatment and pharmacies in Government hospitals for buying medicines with doctor's prescription;
- (2) at railway ticketing counters, ticket counters of Government or Public Sector Undertakings buses and airline ticketing counters at airports for purchase of tickets;(air ticket allowed only up to 03.12.2016)(Bus /rail ticket allowed up to 9th December only)
- (3) for purchases at consumer cooperative stores operated under authorisation of Central or State Governments;( ID proof of customers will be required)(maximum up to 5000/each time)
- (4) for purchase at milk booths operating under authorisation of the Central or State Governments;
- (5) for purchase of petrol, diesel and gas at the stations operating under the authorisation of Public Sector Oil Marketing Companies;(allowed only up to 03.12.2016)
- (6) for payments at crematoria and burial grounds;
- (7) at international airports, for arriving and departing passengers, who possess specified bank notes, the value of which does not exceed five thousand rupees to exchange them for notes having legal tender character;
- (8) for foreign tourists to exchange foreign currency or specified bank notes, the value of which does not exceed five thousand rupees to exchange them for notes having legal tender character.
- (9) for making payments in all pharmacies on production of doctor’s prescription and proof of identity; (allowed up to 9th December only)
- (10) for making payments on all toll plazas on the State and National Highways (from 3.12.2016 to 15.12.2016 exempted till 3.12.2016)
- (11) for payments on purchases LPG gas cylinders;
- (12) for making payments to catering services on board, during travel by rail;
- (13) for making payments for purchasing tickets for travel by suburban and metro rail services; (allowed up to 9th December only)
- (14) for making payments for purchase of entry tickets for any monument maintained by the Archeological Survey of India.
- (15) for making payments towards any fees, charges, taxes or penalties, payable to the Central or State Governments including Municipal and local bodies;
- (16) for making payments towards water, electricity charges
;for making payments towards utility charges limited to water and electricityonly (Payments towards utility bills will be restricted to only individuals / households for arrears and / or current bills. No advance payments is allowed.)
- (17) for making payment of court fees
- (18) payment of seeds at govt seed store
- (18) payment of school fees up to 2000/- rs per student in Center /state/municipal corporation school.
- (19) payment of college fees (center /state govt.)
- (20) payment of prepaid mobile top up maximum 500 per top up.
MINISTRY OF FINANCE
(Department of Economic Affairs)
NOTIFICATION New Delhi, the 24th November, 2016 S.O. 3544(E).—
In exercise of the powers conferred by sub-section (2) of section 26 of the Reserve Bank of India Act, 1934 (2 of 1934), the Central Government hereby further amends the notification of the Government of India, in the Ministry of Finance, Department of Economic Affairs number S.O. 3408(E) dated the 8th November, 2016 published in the Gazette of India, Extraordinary, Part II, Section 3, Sub-section (ii) dated the 8th November, 2016, namely:—
1. In the said notification, in paragraphs 1 and 2, for the words, figures and letters “the 24th November, 2016”, occurring at both places, the words, figures and letters “the 15th December, 2016” shall be substituted.
2. In the said notification, in paragraph 1,—
- (i) in clause (c), after the words “Central or State Governments”, the words “up to a limit of Rs. 5000/- at a time” shall be inserted;
- (ii) clauses (g) and (h) shall be omitted with effect from 25th November, 2016 (midnight of 24th November, 2016);
- (iii) for clause (p), the following clause shall be substituted, namely:— “(p) for making payments towards water, electricity charges;”;
- (iv) in clause (r), proviso shall be omitted with effect from 25th November, 2016;
- (v) after clause (r), the following clauses shall be inserted, namely :—
- “(s) for making payments towards school fees up to a limit of Rs. 2000/- per student in the Central Government, State Government, Municipality or Local Body schools;
- (t) for making payments towards fees for the Central Government or the State Government colleges;
- (u) for making payments towards pre-paid mobile top-up up to a limit of Rs. 500/- for every top-up;
- (v) for making payments at the toll plazas under National Highways Authority of India including concessionaires, with effect from 3rd December 2016:
3 Provided that, with effect from 25th November, 2016, for the purposes of all clauses of this paragraph, specified bank notes shall mean bank notes of the denominational value of five hundred rupees only.”.
[F. No. 10/03/2016-Cy. I ] Dr. SAURABH GARG, Jt. Secy. Note : The principal notification was published in the Gazette of India, Extraordinary, Part II, Section 3, Sub-section (ii) vide notification number S.O. 3408(E) dated the 8th November, 2016 and subsequently amended vide notification number S.O. 3416(E) dated the 9th November, 2016, S.O. 3429(E) dated the 10th November, 2016, S.O. 3445(E) dated the 11th November, 2016, S.O. 3447(E) dated the 13th November, 2016, S.O. 3448(E) dated the 14th November, 2016, S. O. 3480(E) dated the 17th November, 2016, S.O. 3489(E) dated the 18th November, 2016 and S.O. 3490(E) dated the 20th November, 2016.