1. To pay Self assessment challan taxes online the taxpayer shall select the challan i.e. ITNS 280,
- Enter your PAN
- Select your assessment year 2012-13(for balance tax to be deposited for Financial year 2011-12)
- Tax (basic tax) =Fill basic tax value Except education cess.Or total amount can also be filled but do not include interest .For interest separate column is available . (sr no-5)
- Surcharge :(Not applicable) this is not applicable in current year.
- Penalty : (Not applicable )is applicable only if assessment order is passed.not applicable in self assessment tax.
- Education cess.:fill value if not included in 1 above.
- Interest :fill interest for late payment of advance tax and self assessment tax 234B,234C or any other interest .Do not include interest in tax sr no one.
- Other: (Not applicable) if any fees etc is payable.
- Penalty : (Not applicable) This is also not applicable..
- Total :(auto) to be shown by bank site on confirmation automatically
Go to Online tax payment site
If you wish to deposit tax offline then visit your nearest bank branch where Tax is accepted and fill Challan 280 manually and given them , pay either by cheque or cash collect challan receipt .Please ensure that CIN is printed /written on challan receipt. .CIN consist of three things
- Bsr code of branch (7 digit),
- date of deposit and
- challan sr number (5 digit)